Would you want a NES style Zelda game for WiiWare?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
i would like this to happen, and i bet most zelda fans would also. but zelda 1 though, didnt care for zelda 2 that much.

i'd like another game in the style of LttP. its essentially the same with more updated controls and graphics.

but overall yeah. a new top-down Zelda on a home console would be great

Well just cause we want it doesn't mean it's plausible. This would mean Nintendo taking time off from its massive new installments such as the upcoming Zelda Wii or the next one which will be in HD(don't ask me how I know that).

I personally would rather see A Link to the Past recreated in 3D. Now THAT would be impressive, considering that it already blows peoples socks off today with it's outdated visuals and controls.

they could slate it down to a third party developer.

oh wait, scratch that. i remember the last third party zelda games *shudders*

Are you talking about the CD-i games???

Well what most people don't know is that Nintendo had no control over those games at ALL. No permissions, no development, NOTHING.

So if they did actually hand down the franchise to a 3rd party it wouldn't be too bad but still wouldn't change the fact that they would have to devote time on the license.

what they did was allow a third party to make zelda games then left them alone. and the result was a horrible set of games that nobody wants

what they did was allow a third party to make zelda games then left them alone. and the result was a horrible set of games that nobody wants

If your talking about CD-i, Nintendo didn't allow it, that's the reason it didn't appear on their console. Don't ask how I know I'm too lazy to type LOL! Got some Excitebots and Wii Sports Resort waiting...

I'm actually liking the idea how old GB & GBA games are getting Wiiware versions aka Castlevania Adventure & Chronos Twin. So with that thought i'd rather see updated wiiware versions of the 3 Gameboy Color Legend of Zelda games Awakening & the 2 Oracle games. With current hardware these games aren't really avaiable to the general public so it would be a good way to reintroduce them. Use them as almost Wiiware side stories the same with Mario Land Wario Land & Metroid 2 game(s)...this is in one aspect i wouldnt mind nintendo rehashing old titles.

Finally getting the good old GB games in maybe a 32 bit quality color palette on the big screen with a the classic controller in hand would be great.

A four swords style multi player adventure

Are you talking about the CD-i games???

Well what most people don't know is that Nintendo had no control over those games at ALL. No permissions, no development, NOTHING.

So if they did actually hand down the franchise to a 3rd party it wouldn't be too bad but still wouldn't change the fact that they would have to devote time on the license.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-IoRk1qgk[/ame]

I played the CD-i one at a retro games show
It was terrible.
Take Zelda 2, but give it some of the worst controls and level disign ever

I'm actually liking the idea how old GB & GBA games are getting Wiiware versions aka Castlevania Adventure & Chronos Twin. So with that thought i'd rather see updated wiiware versions of the 3 Gameboy Color Legend of Zelda games Awakening & the 2 Oracle games. With current hardware these games aren't really avaiable to the general public so it would be a good way to reintroduce them. Use them as almost Wiiware side stories the same with Mario Land Wario Land & Metroid 2 game(s)...this is in one aspect i wouldnt mind nintendo rehashing old titles.

Finally getting the good old GB games in maybe a 32 bit quality color palette on the big screen with a the classic controller in hand would be great.
I agree with this idea. Updating and releasing any of the handheld Zelda games would be great.

THIS makes a lot of sense. With the Wii remote, it would be very accessible, and production and time wouldn't be as high.

ONE problem though. If Nintendo ever decides to release a Game Boy Virtual Console, they won't allow these remakes.

I think a gameboy virtual console would be on DSi not Wii
It was rumoured when the DSi was being made.

Id like to just see a four swords thing on DSi as to set it up on Gamecube is damn hard

I think a gameboy virtual console would be on DSi not Wii

Of course.

That's why I said if Nintendo decides to go through with it, it would be exclusive to DSi or the next handheld iteration. So we wouldn't see this happen on Wiiware.

Prinny dont get me started lol...Nintendo with all these New Play Control & re-releases on Wii. I think if any games needed rerelease on wii it would be Four Swords, Pac Man VS ,and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Same games are fine with me just with DS connectivity instead of GBA. That way i could finally enjoy these games to their full extent.

Back