wouldn't it be cool if they made a game like this:

bodtchboy

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
So I was thinking of a game I'd love to see them make for the Wii:

A gladiator game in which the wimote and nunchuck are primary and secondary (or shield) hand weapons. And the weapon will mimick EXACTLY what the remote does. I'd love to see them get the physics down just right so the damage and strength factors are infinite and depend purely on how you swing the controllers and what it contacts.

Since the game would take place in an arena, the necessity to move around becomes minimal which will allow the controls to focus mainly on your swings, blocks, whatever you do with the controllers. Movement can be minimal & would be determined if the wii can sense your movements slightly left, right, back forward, duck and jump due to the controllers.

What might be neat also, is if you swing or try to deflect and you have significantly less power on it than your foe, the weapon will be knocked out of your hands if you do not compensate quickly to swing your weapon or shield away due to the force.

What do you guys think? I don't have a wii yet so I'm not even sure if this is possible with the system.

Can the Wiimote detect in which way it is swung? Because I remember when I played TP, Link's sword did not always swing the same way I swung the Wiimote, or when I was fishing and my bait was in the water, I would tap the Wiimote left and the bait would jolt right instead.

thats what i want too some actual motion detiction, its what the system was made for not this gimmickey stuff thats out now

PersianCowboy said:
Can the Wiimote detect in which way it is swung? Because I remember when I played TP, Link's sword did not always swing the same way I swung the Wiimote, or when I was fishing and my bait was in the water, I would tap the Wiimote left and the bait would jolt right instead.

yes it can but TP is just a GC game made into wii format, the next zelda hopefully will be better at it

So the system really could handle more precise motion detection, it just hasn't been used to its full potential then, right?

PersianCowboy said:
it just hasn't been used to its full potential then, right?
were not far past launch, of course not.

Just like how the best looking Wii game right not is a GC game (Zelda:TP) and the Wii is almost 2x more powerfull.

In time everything will develope, hopefully won't take to long though

Back