Wow, VERY good Metroid 3 Information

wiizorer said:
damn i told myself i'd bneat the first 2 before this one comes out

i better get started.

You're not the only one. I am currently renting Prime and plan to buy Prime 2 tomorrow.

i couldn't beat the first level:(

oh well i only attempted once and i dind't like the controls how you couldn't really aim up and down that comfortably/fast

Sounds good! It really will make the experience so much more memorable this way. Hey what issue of Game Informer was it. I think I have a new one in the mail! YAY!

God I wish it was just a big joke that metroid has no multiplayer. Whats the excuse? It SHOULD be multiplayer - delay it 3 months and get it sorted Nintendo...

xIcaruSx said:
Metroid Prime multiplayer was retarded. There is nothing you can really do to change that.

Make it ... not retarded? Seems like that would change it.

Wiinter said:
Make it ... not retarded? Seems like that would change it.

That would require to making it not Metroid. Thus negating the whole "no multiplayer in metroid" argument.

xIcaruSx said:
That would require to making it not Metroid. Thus negating the whole "no multiplayer in metroid" argument.

See, I thought you were talking execution, not concept. Your devotion to the single player myth does not impress me though. Metroid is a large universe, containing more than a single bounty hunter, more than a single space pirate, and plenty of reasons for them to fight each other. Not that ANY game ever really needed much of an excuse to allow players to pit themselves against their best friends. Not that any multiplayer mode interferes with a main mode. (pssst, they're seperate)

Best FPS controls on the system... wasted on an single player adventure game.

Wiinter said:
See, I thought you were talking execution, not concept. Your devotion to the single player myth does not impress me though. Metroid is a large universe, containing more than a single bounty hunter, more than a single space pirate, and plenty of reasons for them to fight each other. Not that ANY game ever really needed much of an excuse to allow players to pit themselves against their best friends. Not that any multiplayer mode interferes with a main mode. (pssst, they're seperate)

The developers of the game have said over and over they do not consider Metroid Prime to be a FPS. Hence why it isn't even categorized as an FPS.

So why would they develope an FPS style multiplayer?

*waits for another attempt at Wiinter's "sarcastic wit"

xIcaruSx said:
The developers of the game have said over and over they do not consider Metroid Prime to be a FPS. Hence why it isn't even categorized as an FPS.

Thus the "single player adventure game" swipe in my previous comment. However, I note again, multiplayer modes needn't interfere with single player modes. Why would having an FPS style mode have any impact on the main mode? You use the maps, the control system, and Samus need not be found anywhere in it. (FYI, multiplayer modes are almost always an excuse, not integral to a story or mythos)

So why would they develope an FPS style multiplayer?

Why not? They've built an extraordinary FPS control system. And like it or not, with every iteration, they get a little bit closer to the FPS line. One game or another, they're going to give in (again). It might as well have been this one, when the franchise would have benefited most from the addition hooking tons of new fans with few alternatives. Later on, when there are dozens of great online alternatives, going multiplayer won't even register on people's radar.

Further, there's no reason their multiplayer would have to be FPS style. They could, if they chose, maintain the adventure character of the game there.

Wiinter said:
Thus the "single player adventure game" swipe in my previous comment. However, I note again, multiplayer modes needn't interfere with single player modes. Why would having an FPS style mode have any impact on the main mode? You use the maps, the control system, and Samus need not be found anywhere in it. (FYI, multiplayer modes are almost always an excuse, not integral to a story or mythos)

Why not? They've built an extraordinary FPS control system. And like it or not, with every iteration, they get a little bit closer to the FPS line. One game or another, they're going to give in (again). It might as well have been this one, when the franchise would have benefited most from the addition hooking tons of new fans with few alternatives. Later on, when there are dozens of great online alternatives, going multiplayer won't even register on people's radar.

Further, there's no reason their multiplayer would have to be FPS style. They could, if they chose, maintain the adventure character of the game there.

Well considering Corruption is suppose to be the last Prime game...They aren't going to have to give in. Seeing as how any further Metroid game will be done in a different way.

And please give details on how they could improve upon the previous multiplayer in Prime 2 to not make it suck. Just please don't do a C/P job of everything you have already said in the other huge Metroid Online whine threads.

xIcaruSx said:
Well considering Corruption is suppose to be the last Prime game...They aren't going to have to give in. Seeing as how any further Metroid game will be done in a different way.

They need a different storyline, but they don't need to change the perspective, or 'forget' everything they've developed for the series in terms of gameplay.

And please give details on how they could improve upon the previous multiplayer in Prime 2 to not make it suck. Just please don't do a C/P job of everything you have already said in the other huge Metroid Online whine threads.

It has already been said. You may feel free to make use of the search engine if you care that much. In short, they could spend more than week doing it (an improvement over MP2), and find someone who has done it successfully (Halo, MoH, COD, timesplitters) and copy their success. Execution side isn't brain surgery.

My main hope right now is that others have the brains to copy MP's control system. There's no guarantee there.

Wiinter said:
wasted?!?!?WASTED??!!! you obviously have no idea of the CONCEPT (that's right, i said it) of metroid. if anything, if they would have made Corruption an FPS, they would have wasted a potentially good game right there.
is it that hard to wait for Medal of Honor: heroes 2 that we want to ruin games that were perfectly fine in the first place?!

TortillaChip520 said:
wasted?!?!?WASTED??!!! you obviously have no idea of the CONCEPT (that's right, i said it) of metroid.

Obviously. You have no idea what I said.

Wiinter said:

Think about what I actually said, breathe deeply, and get back to me. Or not.

if anything, if they would have made Corruption an FPS, they would have wasted a potentially good game right there.
is it that hard to wait for Medal of Honor: heroes 2 that we want to ruin games that were perfectly fine in the first place?!

And I say again, for the last time, there's no need to ruin anything, nor is there any need to transform C3 into an FPS. Though for the record, as thrilled as I am to have a PSP port bring online multiplayer to the genre (Where is Airborne EA?), MOHH2 is going to suck compared to the potential of Prime.

Back