wow. what bad luck

The_Mitch

UNACCEPTABLE
Jul 13, 2006
Milford Ohio
Wii Online Code
2025-2025-2025-2025
well yesterday i graduated. everything went awesome. it was one of the best days of my life. however i can never have a day that doesnt have something bad happen. well since ive had such an awesome day, i obviously had to have something bad happen. i was at my friends house and my mom called my up wanting to watch a DVD. well my 360 is our only DVD player in the living room and she doesnt know how to work anything electronic so i had to walk her through getting the TV onto the correct setting and turning the xbox on. well we got to the correct video setting (component 2) and the xbox was "on" but my mom said she didnt see anything. so i tell her to turn it off buy pressing the button with the green light in the center and she says " you mean the one with the flashing red lights." :mad2: i just sat their speechless. well when i can home today i checked it out myself. sure enough it was the ring of death :cryin: . i did the trick to get the hidden error code out of the flashing lights and it was 0020 which is a GPU error! a few things can fix it most of which you have to open the xbox which i was not about to do so my only option was to try wrapping it in a towel and turning it on for about an hour. idk why but that seemed to fix it (for now). however im thinking of buying an elite and selling this one after i transfer my data from the HDD. im just glad i can still get the chance to play halo3 on the 14th!

yea. i know at least 5 other people with 360's and 3 had them since launch and not a single one has crapped out except for mine but thats only because im not allowed to have a 100% perfect day lol

Damn, what an attempt to screw up your day (hope it didn't though). Elite's probably the best way to go, as I'm sure any bugs have been fixed with that, or just do what I did and send it back to Billy Gates :]

Something MUST happen to spoil a good day. Its like the rule of the world or something. :lol:
Anyway goodluck with getting the Elite. :thumbsup:

LOL..... All but one of my friends with 360's have had the rings of death. I wouldn't recommend the Elite unless you're a huge movie/demo kinda guy.
Good luck on whatever you choose though.

i think your mom was trying to sabatage the 360!! :yikes:

i think for mothers day you should get her one of those 40$ rinky dink DVD players :D

OMG!!!!! It's Teh Ring Of Death, Unlucky Mate!
redring.jpg

yesh

my prem console got replaced 4 times! then it was red lights and my dad threw it in the trash and smashed it! he was so mad! i said to sell it! but he just destroyed it! hahah but now i got the elite so its all good~

Back