Wow-Wii!

gooey

WiiChat Member
Feb 19, 2007
Texas
I had been searching for a Wii for months.

It was supposed to be my Christmas present from my girlfriend, but that turned into Valentines, and she was about to declare it a "wheneverthehell I can get you one" present.

We had made a Sunday morning routine out of searching for a Wii. We would get up early, stand outside Target freezing our butts off until the lady would poke her head out of the door and say "no Wiis", drive over to Starbucks to get a latte (my persuasion to get her to come along), head to a few other stores for more rejection, then head back home depressed (well, I was. She was happy with her latte.) and go back to sleep.

Well, yesterday we broke the norm. We slept in, rolled out of bed late, and went to run some errands. On our way we were passing a Best Buy that had a line forming out front. I wondered outloud "Maybe they're standing in line for Wiis?" We were passing the exit but my gf grabbed at the wheel nearly killing us and said "Today's the day! I can feel it!!!"

We walked up to the line and a BB employee came over to me. "You here for a Wii?" "Yeah." "It's your lucky day. You got the last one."

I picked up Warioware and Zelda to go with my Wii. I was so excited I couldn't drive. Luckily I had my DD with me! :lol:

I have never had so much fun playing videogames in my life. Even my gf, who is not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination (You should have seen her die over and over and over again on world 1-1 of Super Mario Bros. on the VC. It was brutal.) absolutely loves it. We both sat there in our PJ's and played Wii for 8 hours - and I mean both of us! Whenever I died she would snatch the remote out of my hand so fast you would think it was my CC and we were at the mall! :lol: Way to go Nintendo! Thanks for making videogames fun again!

Lol this is abit personal but Celebration Sex for you? LMAO! enjoy your Wii dude everyone else without one is looking up at you now..

Like last summer the plan was my mate would by me a Wii too [Work Money] and I'd slowly pay him back but I got one on launch day in UK with my own money and where was he? Still looking for one now lol...

well you got there in the end well done. And yes, i think celebratory sex is in order. :)

My gaming skills have slipped since I bought a PS2. Games no longer had challenging gameplay. Overall. The Wii renewed my gaming skills, and I was able to take my skills farther than ever.

yeh good work man you were lucky, enjoy playing with your wii

lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky...as long as none of you luck ducks are taking your Wii's for granted im happy...and glad all of you have gotten one, and found everything you had wished for inside of it.

"then head back home depressed (well, I was. She was happy with her latte.) and go back to sleep." i like that.. she was happy haha! :] well congrats!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. :] very happy.. but you know what...? your gonna miss searching for the wii.. lol i miss it already. and enjoy your wii! your a very lucky guy to actually get the last one.. lucky lucky !

Holy Crap! Nice!
You Got Sooo Lucky.

PS: Wheneverthehell I Can Get You One.:lol:

gooey said:
Thanks for making videogames fun again!

first of all, congrats on the wii, it was also a stroke of luck for me that i got one, as im sure it is for more people. and i totally agree with that statement. ps3 and 360 take pride in having great physics in their games, amazing graphics, and a realistic feeling to them all. the wii is just plain fun, which in my opinion is the point of videogames.

Back