Wow...

LoL, what newbs, the whole software emulation through update thing really sucks, I hate it on the XBOX (even though I probably wouldn't play to many XBOX games anyways) That is not the right route to go down...

OMG! If that's not a nail in the PS3 coffin, you tell me what is? Sony has totally lost it.

WWWTTFFFF. Nah man i aint even playing now im never buying that piece of ****.
First they give us only a premium pack for a higher price and now dey scrap this.
Crazy assholes

EDIT: I read up that Sony is making a different ''design'' for the Ps3 in Europe and that it does not feature the backward compability.
But they also say there is something to look forward to in this new design and it will be EU (PAL) exclusive.

I hope it means that the Multi-region element will still be there.

Last edited:
Yet another example of Sony's unbelievable greed in the last few months. Rather than letting people enjoy all their old favourites for PS1/PS2, instead they now can't play them on PS3 until the system is updated. And if it's anything like the 360's backward compatibility updates, they'll be waiting a very long time to play many even slightly esoteric titles.

LOL...now THATS funny! I mean seriously what did you guys expect from a loser like Sony. When have they ever cared about customers in general. Their main concern right now is pushing BluRay into the industry as well their entertainment center machine. Its not a gaming console. Its a cluster f*ck of appliances that most people ALREADY own. Its nice to know that Sony keeps digging their own grave however.

Yeah Sony has made a seriously bad move with this.
If they do it in America they might lose the entire market.

what the HELL???
the price itself put off a LOT of people. now they are going to lose a whole bunch more if they are saying that you can't pay your PS2 collection.

I feel sorry for the gamers in the PAL territories. First, Sony delays the PS3and says the Europeans won't mind. Then it shuts down Lik-Sang so you can't import one. And now, the PS3 cannot play almost all of the PS2 games. Sucks to be an European!

RedProdigy said:
I feel sorry for the gamers in the PAL territories. First, Sony delays the PS3and says the Europeans won't mind. Then it shuts down Lik-Sang so you can't import one. And now, the PS3 cannot play almost all of the PS2 games. Sucks to be an European!

We pay more too! :mad2:

Sorry for my ignorance but what does PAL stand for? And yeah I feel bad for the gamers in Europe but hopefully they'll realize that Nintendo is more customer oriented and concered about their needs than Sony is.

Back