WTF Classic Controller

LilWiiWii

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
8012-6169-7562-1411
You know that button on the top that you press in and something in the back moves? What the f_ck is it for? It looks like it fits onto something(Im thinking a belt buckle because I've seen some geek with it and I guess thats how he got it on) Thanks in advance

there's some accessory that enables you to hook it up to the wiimote and wrap the cord around it.

like this thing (I think)
802691b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802691

Cool, It doesnt say anything about it connecting to the opening in the back of the classic controller though but I'm guessing it fits in there. But why would nintendo make it there, for 3rd party accesories? I don't think thats what it was intended for..It's just one of those nintendo mysteries..

I found an "answer" from wikipedia, still dont get why nintendo would make the slot just for 3rd party accesories..

Wikipedia said:
The Classic Controller contains slots on its backside, opened via a rectangular button at the top of the controller, presumably for attaching the controller to something else.[48] The purpose for these slots remains undisclosed,[49] but it is commonly believed to be used with a special clip that attaches the Wii Remote to the Classic Controller, enabling it to take advantage of the Wii Remote's motion-sensing and rumble capabilities, making it functionally equivalent to the PlayStation 3 controller; Nyko has released such a clip, in addition to a grip shell and a place to store the cable.[50] The body of the Classic Controller measures 65.7 mm tall, 135.7 mm wide, and 26 mm thick.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#Classic_Controller

I had never noticed that until now, hmm the Wikipedia explanation makes sense, and Pikachu's post looks decent, but they have to have something they were going to put out that was 1st party.

From Nintendoworldreport:

There is a mysterious clip on the back of it which points to the ability to snap the classic controller in or on something. There was no evidence to say that the actual remote would go there. When questioned, the representative said, "It's a secret."

LilWiiWii said:
From Nintendoworldreport:When questioned, the representative said, "It's a secret."

that just means he doesn't know what the hell its for.

Back