Wtf Is Wrong With My Wii!

mr_resi

AKA:Skarecrow
Dec 27, 2006
Stuck in the Magical Soda Machine
Wii Online Code
1491-5330-6997-9229
When im using my wii after like 10 minutes i get theese huge misscoulorations on each side of my TV on the right side is a huge orangey brown coloured bar and on the other side its a huge blue-green coloured bar! It satrted the day after i got my wii but it was small so i figured it was no big deal but now its out of control and i can barley see the TV.

:yikes: yes i do only have a standard TV but this only happens when i play my wii, i was reading on the new and some poeple say its because of the GPU over heating can anyone confirm this and can the big N fix it for me?

I would first move anything electronic away from the TV, at least 2 feet away, including all speakers. Make sure you have proper ventilation for the Wii to allow it to cool down. If your TV only does it with the Wii and not with regular TV or other sources then there is something obviously going on with the Wii and your TV. Check to make sure your cables are properly inserted, sometimes taking them out and reinserting them again helps. Check your video cable to make sure it has hasn't been pinched, crimped, bent, or damaged. As for the overheating part, I can not confirm this, perhaps someone else can.

im going to try it on my other TV if that doesn't work ill probably call nintendo, but can anyone still confirm this over heating thing?

Its probably a weird signal from your TV to the Wii. I had a weird Red faded spot on mine and as soon as I moved the Wii away it was fine. I have a Sony 36" Flat Screen Wega

My friend's tv got f'd up that way when this guy poked a glow stick near the screen. maybe something like that happened. if it's only happening when the wii is on though, then I suggest you contact Nintendo.

I've had the same exact problem on my TV here at school.

When I take it home it never happens though. I'm not too sure what it is, but it only seems to effect the menus.

Celestial said:
Maybe there's something wrong with the cables? Try doing something to them? Or... Call Nintendo.
****ing Genius...

but seriously their is an anti-screen burning feature on the Wii and yeah turn it on... if you haven't figured it out by now your screen is burning.

Back