WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2008 GOOD?

who cares about online?! I've been playing nintendo since the NES and i have never given a **** about online before and i certainly dont give a **** now. If you want online buy an xbox.

ANYWAY... I also want to know if SmackDown! Vs. RAW is any good.
Anyone with some proper thoughts on the actual friggen GAME?

Well I got the game and I think it is generally good. The entrance of the wrestlers are awesome, the music, light, pyros.

Game is ok, easy to do the movements, if you move the wii mote up, down, left or right, it will do a different movement. Irish whip is done pointing with the nunchuk with the stick and shaking (the nunchuk). Grapple moves are started with the A button and a wii mote swing, Power grapple moves are done using B and swing. When you start a power move, you will get some arrows about where to move to continue the power mover and do the "move combo".

Favorite moves (trademark moves) are done using A+B and swing (health bar of your opponent is yellow), and the Finishing move is done the same but when the health bar is in red.

You can do the taunts using the C button plus shaking the wii remote (this will help you raise your health).

Use the Z to pin the opponent.

Sometimes matches can be short..

There is blood, you can use chairs to hit your opponent. You can even knockout the referee and do dirty chep tricks, low blows etc etc

Graphics are good for the Wii.

There is a single play mode - single, tag team, knockout, 3 way dance
Main Event Mode - you start like a jobber and get improving and moving up the ranks. You decide if you want to be a heel (dirty) or face (clean), if you want to be in RAW or Smackdown (ECW is locked).

There are WWE legends locked that I think will be unlocked at a time (Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Ravishing Rick Rude, Terry Funk and others) and arenas that should be unlocked while game progresses

Tournament Mode - Have not played this yet

Narration is a little bit repetitive, but audio is ok

NO online play

And there is a Create a Wrestler and Create a move options

There are trainings areas, massage areas to heal between matches..

There are easy, medium, hard and legend difficulty levels.

Game is good, and satisfactory, and controls are very responsive, even thou movements are simple to accomplish

I would give it a 7.8 out of 10 - I expected a little bit more, but it is satisfactory for the first ever wrestling game for the Wii

Last edited:
No online play?

I could've sworn they confirmed this. Anyway, I'm glad I ended up not purchasing it.

I'll have to be giving this one a rent then it seems.
It looked good from what I have seen so far.

LevesqueIsKing said:
No online play?

I could've sworn they confirmed this. Anyway, I'm glad I ended up not purchasing it.

I expected you purchasing it specially from your display picture of topless guys hugging each other :]

jk jk xD

Meh ill be geting the 360 version

LevesqueIsKing said:
No online play?

i heard a rumor that it was online.....then something happened and some of the people that were working on the wifi of the game wouldnt cooperate with it.....and cancel wifi......that is what i heard

Back