Xbox 3?

Wiiboy93

Proud Wii Owner
Oct 18, 2006
Chatsworth,CA
Wii Online Code
7776-3616-3352-5689
With the Xbox 360 still fighting the soon-to-be-launched PlayStation 3 for supremacy in the consoles market, Microsoft seems to be already working on the next version of their gaming device.

The company's Chris Lewis main argument for such a move was a simple "we have to". According to Eurogamer, preliminary work on the Xbox 3 was already under way:

"You can't sit back on your laurels in this business - the consumer won't let you, the developers certainly won't let us. So that's happening right now."

Lewis is right, no doubts about it, but the statement does not come at the right time. The competition in the consoles market is going to get tougher very soon (with the release of both PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii). The Xbox 360 is already regarded as “last year's news” and speaking about its successor is certainly not going to help its cause.

from - http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_Xbox-3,-Already-In-Microsofts-Plans_2111.html

Do you guys think this is true or just a rumor??

yea and I was checking on google and I think a microsoft VP has confirmed

yea like it says in the article you cant just sit back and watch in the gaming world

Its a trend as soon as a console comes out the next one is being made

isnt this the xbox three now didnt MS release a gaming console before the last xbox well that what i though but hey i dont know much about microsft

Last edited:
No Sam, it went Xbox, Xbox 360, and now Xbox 3 apparently. If ever there was a reason to avoid getting a 360, this is it. Why bother when we'll see the Xbox 3 in a few years? They're not even giving the 360 a chance to grow. Who would want to develop it when it's only going to be good for a couple years ? Bleh, I'm sure it'll be more than 2 years, but knowing Microsoft and how they love to abandon old systems, they're just not a worthy investment in my eyes.

I hope the Xbox 3 fails, and Microsoft pulls out. They bring absolutely nothing good to the console market. [/fanboy]

MetroidZ said:
very possible with microsoft, they have got infinite money
They don't have infintie money just Bill Gates..... which is basically the same thing......

They aren't actually working on it yet, they are simply talking about it, getting things together, and slowly allocating teams. There is no development or progress yet. They still have to worry about getting the 360 sold and appealed to the eastern market.

Flip said:
No Sam, it went Xbox, Xbox 360, and now Xbox 3 apparently. If ever there was a reason to avoid getting a 360, this is it. Why bother when we'll see the Xbox 3 in a few years? They're not even giving the 360 a chance to grow. Who would want to develop it when it's only going to be good for a couple years ? Bleh, I'm sure it'll be more than 2 years, but knowing Microsoft and how they love to abandon old systems, they're just not a worthy investment in my eyes.

I hope the Xbox 3 fails, and Microsoft pulls out. They bring absolutely nothing good to the console market. [/fanboy]

well the ps4 and the new nintendo will both be out in about 3-4 years as well.

nothing good! Halo, Xbox live to name a few
Dont be a fangirl/boy

Ronan said:

Dont be a fangirl/boy

Actually no, they won't. Sony is going to be pulling 8 years out of the Ps3 due to the superior technology. That is what one of their workers said in a press conference.

My friend came up with this theroy.
DreamCast was really a XBox
XBox was XBox 2
Xbox 360 is the third.

Crazy, but just thought I would share.

Ronan said:

Dont be a fangirl/boy

I hate to be a fanboy, but I like that the only things you could think of were Halo and Live. Live is fine, but tbh I didn't like it because all of the servers were US, so I got lagged to hell whenever I tried to play it. And Halo just went completely out of the picture when I got myself hyped for Halo 2, and it was THE MOST dissapointing game I have EVER been excited for. Seriously, it was just so pathetic that Bungie should attempt to destroy all knowledge of its existance. Playing as a Covenant was the stupidest thing they could ever have added. The only thing it had going for it was Multiplayer, and they borked that up with destructible vehicles, removing the only element of Halo 1 that kept me playing the Multiplayer.

Since then, I have avoided everything Xbox. They don't interest me any more.

Back