Xbox 360 are copying wii (motion sensors)

vagrant said:
...What does making a wiimote work on a computer via bluetooth adapter have to do with anything....
Windows has to plan develope and manufacture a new remote, and then they need games to be made that uses it. Do you not know how long it takes to make a video game?
Woah, who said they were making a new remote-style controller? I'm pretty sure Microsoft is talking about making a motion-sensetive controller that looks just like the current Xbox 360 controller except it will sense when you tilt it and stuff, like the PS3 controller. Microsoft could easily do this because they came up with that SideWinder controller I talked about a few posts up. They'd just map the controller so that tilt left = move analogue stick left, tilt right = move analogue stick right, etc.

And they wouldn't need a sensor bar because it wouldn't be interacting with the screen. When you play Excite Truck on Wii, you don't even need the sensor bar plugged in because it's just using the tilt function.

It's totally possible for Microsoft to do it and I really hope they do as long as I have the choice to switch the motion-sensing off like you can with the PS3 and just use the left analogue stick.

NateTheGreat said:
Woah, who said they were making a new remote-style controller? I'm pretty sure Microsoft is talking about making a motion-sensetive controller that looks just like the current Xbox 360 controller except it will sense when you tilt it and stuff, like the PS3 controller. Microsoft could easily do this because they came up with that SideWinder controller I talked about a few posts up. They'd just map the controller so that tilt left = move analogue stick left, tilt right = move analogue stick right, etc.

And they wouldn't need a sensor bar because it wouldn't be interacting with the screen. When you play Excite Truck on Wii, you don't even need the sensor bar plugged in because it's just using the tilt function.

It's totally possible for Microsoft to do it and I really hope they do as long as I have the choice to switch the motion-sensing off like you can with the PS3 and just use the left analogue stick.

...I never said they were making a remote style controller....so I really have no idea why you quoted me.

If xbox 360 gets a motion sensing controller, it's a good thing.
Why the **** would you guys care? It already means that Nintendo has set a new standard in gaming now and everyone is just following it.
Stop acting like Wii is purely made from originality, I'm sure they've copied some ideas from some other places. It's all part of the process.

The fact that you guys are saying "WOAAHH THEY ARE COPYING US" and **** shows hwo much of imature kids you are. You guys should be proud everyone is trying to be like Nintendo.

vagrant said:
...I never said they were making a remote style controller....so I really have no idea why you quoted me.

Um...yes you did. I bolded and underlined it for you below:
vagrant said:
...What does making a wiimote work on a computer via bluetooth adapter have to do with anything....
Windows has to plan develope and manufacture a new remote, and then they need games to be made that uses it. Do you not know how long it takes to make a video game?

NateTheGreat said:
Um...yes you did. I bolded and underlined it for you below:
no,he was stating what they would have to do to get motion sensing with the 360.

psychono2 said:
no,he was stating what they would have to do to get motion sensing with the 360.
Ah, you're right, but he was implying that if Microsoft was to implement motion-sensing that it would be in a remote-form and I was trying to say that yes, games would have to be developed if it were in remote form while that probably wouldn't be the case with a simple tilt-sensing controller.

Last edited:
well,I think if they did incorparate motion sensing in to there games,they would keep the same feel,look,and design as the regular one they have now.

NateTheGreat said:
Ah, you're right, but he was implying that if Microsoft was to implement motion-sensing that it would be in a remote-form and I was trying to say that yes, games would have to be developed if it were in remote form while that probably wouldn't be the case with a simple tilt-sensing controller.

Actually no, it was a spelling error and should have said controller, not remote.

I also read in a Xbox 360 magazine of a "wii killer" motion sensor control coming out. In the magazine it looked like a cheap microphone, Nintendo need not worry about it though. The 360 motion control is a bound failer before it gets started. Thats not saying im against microsoft in any way, i even own a 360 my self.

its working for nintendo and sony,why wouldn't work for 360?

i'm tired of this motion sensing crap. I wish there was a controller for buttons with just a pointer functionality

Cool, I wonder if it'll meet the standards that the Wii has laid down, was this planned before launch or after launch?

It really doesn't matter who did it first, it matters who does it best. If you look at many Japanese companies they have made names for themselves by taking previous inventions and technologies and improving them.

Saying motion sensing will ruin the 360 is just plain wrong. First off just because they make a motion sensing controller doesn't mean all games will require it. I'm sure if they do, then certain games will take advantage of the motion controls.

Look at totem ball for example, they tried some new camera sensing technology to control your char. Now it didn't adversely affect the 360. Wether you love or hate totem ball, they are trying new stuff. The consumer can only benifit from such attempts.

No I wasn't wondering who did what first, I just wanted to know if Microsoft had this planned before or after the launch, because it will effect the quality of the end product

Back