XBOX 360 Chat Coming Soon!

dascrow

WiiChat Admin
Staff member
Aug 18, 2009
Just wanted to give you a sneak peak of what we are working on!

xbox360chat.jpg

kool is this kinda like the opposite of Wiichat???

if its new im sorry to say i dont think it will be a huge sucess you might win over 1 or 2 people but New forums go through 3 stages. and 1 first 2 are extremely tough.

stage 1. attracting people. actually getting peopl to it is a challenge in its own but to you need a fair few members and most people wont join cause its very unactive

Stage 2. the middle stage as i call it :)
if you pass stage one and get a lot of people there. it can go 1 of 2 ways. Boom or flop. it can slowly loose people and never recover slowly dsiminishing into obscurity. or if the site is good people will stay more people will join. this is the longest stage and i say wii chat is bobbing around in this stage. and has been for about a year. people are leaving more often that people are joining. though its getting better over past few months

Stage 3, the Equilibrium :) lol
this is where thers plenty of members and the site should really take care odf its self. few admins here and there, plenty of mods. and lots of activity.

its very very hard to make a successfull forum, and because 360 is 5 years old old and there plenty of forums out there. chances are it will fail cause everybody who is interested has there preffered forum by now.

but good luck, and dont give up and ill join when its open, even if it is just for moral support

but then again since you seem to have some experience, and you will most likely win most of the users here you will have a good head start.

oh and how come you are a mod and a writer but youv only been ehre since august 09 iv been here 2 years and iv expressed interest and i Never get anywhere. !!! :( so upset right now

Last edited:
I've been working with forums for many years and I couldn't agree with you more. http://www.XBOX360Chat.com was a forum that actually existed a while ago, and a site in the same network as http://www.WiiChat.com and http://www.PS3Chat.com.

We are just in the process of bringing it back. I think we have a few ideas that will separate it from the current xbox 360 forums. Besides it's worth a shot, it's something we know well (having the 360 since it first came out), and its something we enjoy talking about :)

My partners and I took over this forum a few months ago, so I am kinda a newbie but believe me I've put in a ton of hours over here the past few months.. I feel like I've been here for years! :)

We hope to have the new forum live and up and running next week some time.. Stay Tuned!

If your interested in writing for any of the sites, please send me a PM!!

if its new im sorry to say i dont think it will be a huge sucess you might win over 1 or 2 people but New forums go through 3 stages. and 1 first 2 are extremely tough.

stage 1. attracting people. actually getting peopl to it is a challenge in its own but to you need a fair few members and most people wont join cause its very unactive

if you pass stage one and get a lot of people there. it can go 1 of 2 ways. Boom or flop. it can slowly loose people and never recover slowly dsiminishing into obscurity. or if the site is good people will stay more people will join. this is the longest stage and i say wii chat is bobbing around in this stage. and has been for about a year. people are leaving more often that people are joining. though its getting better over past few months

this is where thers plenty of members and the site should really take care odf its self. few admins here and there, plenty of mods. and lots of activity.

its very very hard to make a successfull forum, and because 360 is 5 years old old and there plenty of forums out there. chances are it will fail cause everybody who is interested has there preffered forum by now.

but good luck, and dont give up and ill join when its open, even if it is just for moral support

but then again since you seem to have some experience, and you will most likely win most of the users here you will have a good head start.

oh and how come you are a mod and a writer but youv only been ehre since august 09 iv been here 2 years and iv expressed interest and i Never get anywhere. !!! :( so upset right now

OH so your new owners of the site? cool yeah i saw the old 360 chat once or twice. but it was COMPLETLY dead lol.

i have interest in writing but im more of a 360 person so most likely would suit doing something for the new site, i give huge input into the 360 and board games sections of the site, as you may have noticed.
so i think ill just wait untill the 360 chat opens up before i go for it.
however im always interesting in becoming a moderator for the board games and 360 sections if you ever need a slot filled. im perfectly willing, able, and would like to do it. :)

hope to see 360 chat soon :) and again best of luck with it

Yes it might be empty but so is every other forum to start with. If the same advice was applied here then we wouldn't have a place to discuss wii. So everybody has to start somewhere.

Looking forward to it Dascrow! If you need any help drop me a message.

I've been working with forums for many years and I couldn't agree with you more. http://www.XBOX360Chat.com was a forum that actually existed a while ago, and a site in the same network as http://www.WiiChat.com and http://www.PS3Chat.com.

We are just in the process of bringing it back. I think we have a few ideas that will separate it from the current xbox 360 forums. Besides it's worth a shot, it's something we know well (having the 360 since it first came out), and its something we enjoy talking about :)

My partners and I took over this forum a few months ago, so I am kinda a newbie but believe me I've put in a ton of hours over here the past few months.. I feel like I've been here for years! :)

We hope to have the new forum live and up and running next week some time.. Stay Tuned!

If your interested in writing for any of the sites, please send me a PM!!

yeah i was gonna say isnt there already a 360 chat? lol im a member there but an inactive one. i think everyone is inactive on that forum! good luck bringing it abck i'd love to migrate over to there when its up and running again. i dont leave the xbox 360/ps3 sections here often so i kinda need a new forum lol.

Let us know what categories you would like to see on XBOX 360 Chat!. We are still on track for launching the site next week!

I'd like to see a 'New releases' section with several sub forums and a 'Upcoming games' section with several sub forums. These could be updated as time goes on, content from upcoming can be moved to new releases and then into the general game forums.

id like Genre forums, one for each game genre, type.
as foxy said NEw releases.

a section for old xbox.

a section for console chat, i.e prices hardware, failure.

a accesories section.

an Xbox live section.

and an introduction forum.

most of those are all basic and im pretty sure everyone would have thought of them already lol.

cool, keep the ideas coming :)

cool, keep the ideas coming :)

im not sure if you could manage this or how to do it, but a sort of self maintaining gamerscore leaderboard?
or
a sefl maintaining gamertag sharing,.

so a thread people post there tag in and it automatically gets put into a list. instead of somebody actually having to manually add tags everytime someone posts

Back