xbox 360 failure rate as high as 33%

wow, why are you posting this?
this has no facts, and just random unnamed people saying blah blah, it could be true, but even the article says MAY, where you put it as though its just cold hard facts.

although they're not facts, the issue remains that the failure rate
is considerably higher than M$ will admit.

here in the UK, micromart have stopped fixing 360's with the 3RLOD.

link here

Well it is built by microsoft..!

But that article is a piece of cr*p and based completely on speculation. Also speculation from people who work in video game stores..?! :wtf:

Its much higher than that,well a least for the first consles sold i read on a site where they had a survey of like 2'100 360s sold, 66% of the people had had 1 360 break, 23% said they where onto there 3rd+ Xbox and 11% had no problems. Pretty crap. Think these where bought before the start of 2007.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Well it is built by microsoft..!

But that article is a piece of cr*p and based completely on speculation. Also speculation from people who work in video game stores..?! :wtf:
you say that first line as though its some tradition that microsoft builds crap hardware.
this is their SECOND piece of hardware theyve ever made.

@brian, that survey just sounds incredibly stupid and false, but then again, those 2100 people who took the survey couldve been the people who had broken 360s, made about it, so they went online to see if anyone else had broken 360s, and took this survey they found on a website page related to broken 360s.

there's obviously something amiss with the 360.

i know the original xbox went through 6 hardware changes (mines a v1.6)
but there was never this much fuss about failing consoles.

the PS2 went through around 16 hardware changes iirc.

let's hope they get it right sooner rather than later as i'm hoping to
get a 360 elite for the kids around christmas time (that's if it gets
released before then over here).

Sovieto said:
you say that first line as though its some tradition that microsoft builds crap hardware.
this is their SECOND piece of hardware theyve ever made.

@brian, that survey just sounds incredibly stupid and false, but then again, those 2100 people who took the survey couldve been the people who had broken 360s, made about it, so they went online to see if anyone else had broken 360s, and took this survey they found on a website page related to broken 360s.

Give me 2 secs Sovieto and il see if i can re-find the website

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=964

Yeh, your probally right, i right here now can admit i hate the Xbox 360, Im a Sony fan but even i can't help but notice that 60% seems exagerated. I see what you mean, obviously this is only been seen by people with 360s that have broke and are looking for people with the same problem.

Id have a guess and say at Launch the realibilty may have been in the 50% region or more, but now its more realible, id say 15% - 30% is a fair assumtion.

Last edited:
3/10ish people I know had/have 360's have had their 360 break. With that said I totaly belive it.

IcedEarth81 said:
Microsoft is known for their products having problem when released.
uh huh....
xbox had some overheating issues that wasnt that much of a problem if you didnt leave your xbox on for a long time and kept it cool (if you had a launch unit)
360 has problems
zune has nothing out of the norm

so is it really KNOWN for its products having problems, when its only released 3? and all its software is used world wide without problems?

It is pseudo fact. They polled the returns and such of retailers. It is true they have a high fail rate. I see alot come in for a return where I work, and when I'm in the back there is at least 1 or 2 sitting in the back for me to send back to the warehouse. Supposedly alot of 360s overheat and fry internals. In which case an inexpensive intercooler will save all that. Makes me very weary to buy one...I plan on getting an Elite this weekend.

None of its software has problems? Are you kidding? Windows has tons of bugs when released. They release service packs to fix them. Internet Explorer is still pretty buggy.

I still use Microsoft products. But, that doesn't change the fact that they release products that have bugs and problems.

IcedEarth81 said:
None of its software has problems? Are you kidding? Windows has tons of bugs when released. They release service packs to fix them. Internet Explorer is still pretty buggy.

I still use Microsoft products. But, that doesn't change the fact that they release products that have bugs and problems.
but theres no problems like this, every single thing of the sort is released with normal bugs, the wii, and the ps3, and just about every game. nothing is perfect, at least ps3 and 360 offer updates to fix games with bugs

Back