XBOX 360 is reliable

highroller

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
If I go today and get a brand new XBOX 360, it is reliable?

Or there is still a high chance that I might get a Red Ring of Death?

What are your opinions? Thank you

:lol: Calm down PS3 fan boy.

It depends really. If you get one with the Falcon CPU, they are more reliable than those without one. All in all though, you just have to take good care of it. Don't just let it collect dust, plus even if you do get RROD, you can just send it in for a new one.

Last edited:
Yeah $50 more for the cheap-ass crap version of the PS3. If you compare the two cheap-ass crap versions of the 360 and PS3, there is actually a $100 difference.

Also, the 360 has more good games than the PS3.

Also, the 360 has the best online in the history of man, and if you pay yearly it's only about $4 a month.

I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, but not counting a few PS3 games coming out this year, it sucks.

Wii owns them all though.

Had a 360 since November and play it hours on end! Never had any problems with any of the stuff in the news (had some problems with Fable the Lost Chapters locking up, which is an original Xbox game, but had no problems with Halo or Halo 2; and only one 360 game lock up one time). There is a newer, cooler version out now which should make things even better...plus Microsoft backs up their one year factory warranty with another three years on the dreaded red ring thing. This is honestly the best video game system I have ever had, hands down; the games library is fantastic, the online stuff is flawless (and if there is a problem, Microsoft likes to give out free downloads). If you get one, just be prepared to spend a very large part of your free time immersed in the mindblowing graphics, the fun of unlocking gamer points, etc. I used to play Wii a whole lot more!

Last edited:
all the systems are gonna have good games coming out this year so to end ur argument, which ever games interest u more then go for that system :crazy:

The recently manufactured 360's failure rate has been cut in half. ALOT better games, way better online, way more arcade games, way more demos to download and try, xbox originals that you can download, also the new XNA.

People say PS3's game line up is the best this year, IMO not. 360 still has the best games IMO coming from Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, and even Left 4 Dead. PS3 has MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5 that are sure hits, the rest are not sure hits, they just look like they *could be good.

This is coming from someone who has all 3 consoles unlike some of the posters who either don't own the consoles or just own one of them.

Replying to the original question ~

I have had my xbox360 since a year last month with no problems at all, I don't play a ton, but a fair amount. I'm sure newer 360s will no doubt have a higher chance of reliability than older ones. :wink:

that game is going to be ****ing awesome man

highroller said:
And what about God of War 3? This game is HUGE

God of War is cool, but its nothing special IMO. It's got cool boss fights and alot of action but its very linear. You play it once and its done, because playing it again gives you nothing different. God of War is a type of game I would rent, beat it and move on. Which is why even though I mentioned Ninja Gaiden II as one of 360's upcoming games, it like God of War with the non stop action. But its a "Action-Adventure" also so you play it once and its finished so im not buying Ninja Gaiden 2, but I might rent it.

Right now on my 360 I have: Perfect Dark Zero (sucks), Madden 08, Gears of War, The Orange Box, Oblivion GOTY, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 4. All games I would gladly pay full price for (except Perfect Dark).

PS3 I have Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4. My brother bought CoD4 for PS3 from a friend for $30. The games im planning on getting that I think are worth buying on PS3 is MGS4 and maybe Gran Turismo 5. Im going to wait to see reviews on Killzone 2. Resistance is good, but its like Halo with its shoot em up style so I don't really want it. Same with Unreal Tournament 3 (which is coming to 360 also). I might get Resistance 2 since its gonna have alot of crazy online stuff.

PS3 is almost like the 360 except its costs more, everything about playstation's online sucks compared to 360 and 360 has waay better exclusives. One thing thats better about the PS3 is built-in Wi-Fi and bBlu-ray which 360 is sure to get soon. There's still some exclusives for 360 I still haven't gotten like Bioshock and Halo 3.

CocoSSBB said:
Yeah $50 more for the cheap-ass crap version of the PS3. If you compare the two cheap-ass crap versions of the 360 and PS3, there is actually a $100 difference.

Also, the 360 has more good games than the PS3.

Also, the 360 has the best online in the history of man, and if you pay yearly it's only about $4 a month.

I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, but not counting a few PS3 games coming out this year, it sucks.

Wii owns them all though.

Yes we know! the system that has been out 1 year longer has better games.

The PS3 does not Suck by any means. Sure its not as polished as the 360 but thats to be expected. Its still a young system with lots of room to grow.

Sure Wii owns them all in sales but in overall quality...meh. If I was 10 I would probably love the Wii a little more.

Last edited:
I like everything about the PS3 except for the analog joysticks which feel like they will suffer to wear and tear easily and the dashboard? Im not sure whats it called on the PS3. I like the PS3 design (yes I like the big bulky design), I like that its online is free. Sadly its online has a severely smaller community, and I just like 360's exclusives over the PS3.

So when I pick 360 I pick it soley over preference. So when people ask me which is the best, the answer is... there is no best it just depends on your taste. Except for online, 360 is the best at that lol :p

I have had my 360 since they were released and NEVER an issue.

Also as far as Ps3 they have a few cool games comming this year, God of war 3, metal gear 4, I thought devil may cry 4 but its not exclusive this time around just like GTA, THATS Ps3's downfall all the exclusives that made ps2 so popular Xbox now owns the rights too and since Xbox has so many OTHER games to choose from as well theres ALMOST (except for the games I mentioned and a few more) no reason to buy a Ps3 IMO

T3kNi9e said:
I like everything about the PS3 except for the analog joysticks which feel like they will suffer to wear and tear easily and the dashboard? Im not sure whats it called on the PS3. I like the PS3 design (yes I like the big bulky design), I like that its online is free. Sadly its online has a severely smaller community, and I just like 360's exclusives over the PS3.

So when I pick 360 I pick it soley over preference. So when people ask me which is the best, the answer is... there is no best it just depends on your taste. Except for online, 360 is the best at that lol :p

I agree with you.

BTW...the "dashboard" is called the XMB or the XrossMediaBar.

Back