Xbox 360 Laptop

Jay588

?
Sep 17, 2007
NYC
was browsing around and this opened my eyes:

jones_left.jpg

xbox360_lappy_2.jpg

it is not made by microsoft, just a very creative man with alot of time on his hands, here read this

want to make one of your own? heres the guys tutorial..hope you got some spare change!
http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/18/how-to-make-an-xbox-360-laptop-part-1/

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
uhhh an xbox 360 is basically a computer, i'm guessing if you knew your shitte, it wouldn't be that hard

Actually it is still extremely difficult for anyone, including those who (as you so graciously put it) "know their shite"

It required alot of pinpoint soldering, creativity and perseverance.

Judging by your comment, I assume you do not "know your shite"

FRuMMaGe said:
Actually it is still extremely difficult for anyone, including those who (as you so graciously put it) "know their shite"

Yeah, pretty much. You can't just rip the 360 open, and slap the motherboard and everything right into a Laptop Case, or CPU Case and expect it to work just like a PC right off the bat.

Remember seeing this article last year, really is impressive to be honest. But I don't think I'd bother with it for my 360.

Gikoku said:
Yeah, pretty much. You can't just rip the 360 open, and slap the motherboard and everything right into a Laptop Case, or CPU Case and expect it to work just like a PC right off the bat.

Remember seeing this article last year, really is impressive to be honest. But I don't think I'd bother with it for my 360.

Not to mention the ventilation problems that the man managed to overcome. The 360 overheats enough in it's original form, let alone in a compacted setup. This guy does indeed know his shite :lol:

mushroomedmario said:
uhhh an xbox 360 is basically a computer, i'm guessing if you knew your shitte, it wouldn't be that hard
hmm i guess...but most dont know shitte anyway so they could buy this ugly thing
xboxattach.jpg

FRuMMaGe said:
Not to mention the ventilation problems that the man managed to overcome. The 360 overheats enough in it's original form, let alone in a compacted setup. This guy does indeed know his shite :lol:
you took the words right out of my mouth........or keyboard ...

FRuMMaGe said:

you are correct at your last comment of that post, but you'd have to live in my city to understand that would be easy if you knew your shitte,

A portable xbox 360 has got to need quite some batteries in order to run for one of your long trips! A laptop can go for 3 hours on average with fully charged batteries, so I'm guessing with laptop batteries this thing would run for an hour maybe? Dunno how much a 360 drains, but if it over heats, it has got to be using quite a bit.

EDIT: The Wii laptop is pretty useless. You can't exactly play in your car, unless you want a broken windscreen.

JT. said:
A portable xbox 360 has got to need quite some batteries in order to run for one of your long trips! A laptop can go for 3 hours on average with fully charged batteries, so I'm guessing with laptop batteries this thing would run for an hour maybe? Dunno how much a 360 drains, but if it over heats, it has got to be using quite a bit.

EDIT: The Wii laptop is pretty useless. You can't exactly play in your car, unless you want a broken windscreen.

Actually you can buy batteries for laptops that last over 100 hours

Back