Xbox 360 mod chip, Questions need Answering

joe_duffy

Wii gamer, 360 gamer
Jan 8, 2007
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
2755-2722-6827-0320
Hi everyone, been thinking about getting a mod chip for my 360 just want to know some answers about it so plz help me

1. If I get my console chipped will I still be able to go onto xbox live?

2. If my console breaks will i be able to take the chip out and send it back to Microsoft as if it was never in?

Please tell me the answers I am looking for, thanks

I cant answer your first question, but I dont see why not.

for your second question, once the console is opened it voids warranty and they wont fix it for free. if the mod chip is soldered on, you cant remove it without them knowing or messing up your xbox(but if your sending it back its messed up anyway) im not telling you not to do it, just take this into concideration. i hope i helped

joe_duffy said:
Hi everyone, been thinking about getting a mod chip for my 360 just want to know some answers about it so plz help me

1. If I get my console chipped will I still be able to go onto xbox live?

2. If my console breaks will i be able to take the chip out and send it back to Microsoft as if it was never in?

Please tell me the answers I am looking for, thanks

1.- It's a known fact that M$ will ban your xbox live account the minute you connect with a modded box

2.- In order to modify your xbox some seals must be broken on the case, so you'll probably end up with a void warranty from the get go.

you CAN get on xbox LIVE if you have the latest firmware on your drive ( version 1.2 i think). also you do not need a mod chip AFAIK. you just hook the drive into your PC and run a program (i think) and it will flash the DVD drive with a hacked firmware. as for returns. i had mine replaced even though i opened it (got the RRoD before the extended warranty so i opened it to try and fix it). it really comes down to just luck. also a modded 360 right now can only be used for backups (aka pirate games) so i dont see any reason for it untill homebrew comes out (which is VERY close)

Back