Xbox 360s Warranty

rofljeff

WiiChat Member
Jun 19, 2007
I just bought a 360 today and i wanna know does it come with warranty or did i have to buy it and I wanted to know how long does the warranty last.

paintba||er said:
It comes with a one year warranty that covers most things, and then it has a three year warranty that only covers the red ring of death. (hardware failure)

When did the 360 come out? Because I got it on release date and it suffers from the ring of death, I put the S/N into xbox.com and it tells me its under no warranty?? If its covered for 3 years shouldn't that apply to mine? Wtf

Call Xbox Support your warranty will be extended if you call them and tell them. They will send you a box in the mail you put xbox in and sent it to them they Fix it within 2 weeks you get it back brand new with a complimentary XBL 1 Month.

LilWiiWii said:
When did the 360 come out? Because I got it on release date and it suffers from the ring of death, I put the S/N into xbox.com and it tells me its under no warranty?? If its covered for 3 years shouldn't that apply to mine? Wtf
When did you try that? They just recently extended the warranty for the RROD, so you might be covered now. Every 360 should be covered for the RROD so far since they haven't been out for three years.

paintba||er said:

When did you try that? They just recently extended the warranty for the RROD, so you might be covered now. Every 360 should be covered for the RROD so far since they haven't been out for three years.

I tried it last week, after reading the 3 year extended warranty. When I called it told me to refer to the website and fill out the necessary fields about my xbox s/n and correct phone number. Another problem I may have is I dont have my receipt(never thought I would need it..) Any suggestions?

rofljeff said:
Doesn S/N mean serial number?

Yes

LilWiiWii said:
I tried it last week, after reading the 3 year extended warranty. When I called it told me to refer to the website and fill out the necessary fields about my xbox s/n and correct phone number. Another problem I may have is I dont have my receipt(never thought I would need it..) Any suggestions?
you don't need a receipt, they can tell when the system was manufactured just by knowing the s/n

Back