XBOX LIVE:is it becoming free?

Don't get your hopes up. I doubt Microsoft would do that. They're making way too much money to think otherwise.

Ive heard and read rumours about a new black 360 slim with natal(blu-ray?)and free xbox live account to compete with ps3.

The 360 slim is highly probable and will likely be unveiled at E3. The Natal intergration is also a possibility. Blu-ray is very unlikely, as except for playing movies it would have no use on the 360.

And the free xbox live.. no chance, unless it is just an extended trial. It is actually more likely going the other way, with Sony rumored to be introducing their own live style subscription service.

I am pretty certain they are NOT going to do that. Only because I heard they were going to release a Blu-Ray USB Drive (Like The HD-DVD Drives They Had At One Point Before HD-DVD Drives Became Obsolite). That was within 2007 and now that they're making a lot of money on the already $199.99 XBOX 360 Aracades and making some cash on the side with the more expensive $399.99 XBOX 360 Elites, there would be no profit for the newer XBOX 360 Blu-Ray Slim. Another Reason is because they are not Japanese. The Sony PS3 is already lost so much from the $799.99 PS3 (Some retailers sold it for $599.99, which when they did, they [Sony] lost money). I'm only certain they're only selling little bit of the reduce size and priced newer models. Another thing that really hurts Sony is that they don't even have the best set of exclusives that Microsoft does at the moment. Not only that, but FFXIII is on the system which is going to make them [Sony] bleed, but only if the number that are sold is higher for the XBOX 360.
I'm pretty sure that it will be less likely for them to make a move like that [I'm not saying they won't].

Last edited:
Doubt it, microsoft needs the money from XBL subscriptions to keep their servers updated, so if they stopped charging XBL service would drop dramatically.

Nah, I doubt it. Thats y i sold my xbox 360, cuz i had to spend 20.00 bucks every 3 months. but on the wii its free, and i think the games are alot more fun :)

actualy guys if you buy xbox 360's online from wal-mart its mucchhh cheaper. i got my xbox 360 arcade for 99$ with 2 games.

But what about the online card? Thats what were talking about. Not how much the XBOX costs, but the fact that they charge for online play.

Back