XBOX on STANDARD TV

Slade

Nintendo Power
Oct 27, 2006
Canada
Hey all, just wondering, If you have a Non-HD tv should you still get an XBOX 360. I heard you should not....just wondering. i heard you get bad picture

Yeah, I have mine on an HD LCD, and it looks great obviously. But my brother is only 16 and can't afford one (again, obviously), but it still looks good on his TV.

To be honest, I just think 360 games look weird when they're not in widescreen, though.

i dont own a single HDTV and i have a 360. the gfx are amazing. ive got bad eyes so even when i play on an HDTV, i dont see much of a diffrence lol

you're definately not making full use of the xbox 360. but you're buying it for teh games right?

Hey just thought i'd update this, as i have purchased both consoles now.
(Wii and 360)

Id just like to state that the 360 looks amazing on my SDTV. The "unreadable text problem" is not even an issue.

Keep in mind my SDTV is a newer high-end model though. was around $500-600 it has the blue-red-green component cables. so if your SDTV is around 10 years old or so, sorry, you will have to look elsewhere for information.

My reason for writing all this is that i had an unexpectely hard time finding information on the 360's SDTV graphics. for those of us who cant afford to throw away our 600 dollar SDTV investment from 2 years ago. It is just to help out others wanting the same information.

I heard um...what was it.. Dead Rising, was illegible on an standard TV, could anyone check this for me? :)

Naish said:
I heard um...what was it.. Dead Rising, was illegible on an standard TV, could anyone check this for me? :)
On a standard TV the text is very small.

yes i had deadrising on a small black tv and i could not read the text,then switched to a big hdtv and could see it very clear.the characters talk though so you dont have to read the text.

Back