Xbox - To buy, or not to buy?

Jimmer1720

Awating Headset Support
Aug 29, 2007
Wherever you aren't.
I've heard many things about this console, and I'm here to get answers, so I try not to sound ignorant or rude, but don't post unless you know for sure 100% about what you're saying.

Anyways, I've heard of this "Red Ring of Death", and I'm wondering what it is? I know it causes the 360 to crash, but I also wonder how many people get it, and if the main reason people get it is because they mistreat the console, i.e, spill drinks on it, crumbs, dust, etc.

I have a friend who HAD a 360, but had some sudden video troubles, like the cables suddenly didn't show a picture on the screen, so he got a PS3 instead.

And I've heard somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it was here, wiichat.com, that a user found an article by a certain source (I'm unsure of who this source was) that said, "ALL 360'S WILL BREAK DOWN AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFE", and If this is the case, I'm hesitant to buy one.

I was planning to get the platinum package, or the "non-core" package, (sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the 360 terminology:lol:) but after hearing this news, I'm not really sure what to do.

I do still enjoy sittin on my ass, playin an FPS on a regular controller, and the 360 delivers that! The wii is incredibly fun, don't get me wrong, and I would never trade mine in for anything, but my PS2 needs updating!:lol:

So now I close, and I guarentee...all posts will be acknowledged!:yesnod:

i was about to get a elite for 200 with EVERTHING included, but i didnt know about the extended warranty and it was used. so i passed because i was scared of the rrod. i'm kicking my self in the ass now for passing it up because i know someone who fixes rrod in my city.

360 ftw!!

Its worth it, no question. The sheer amount of quality games on the 360 is unparalleled (at least by any seventh gen console).

- Halo 3
- Gears of War
- Bioshock
- Mass Effect

the list goes on...

And if the RROD shows up, Microsoft will fix it for free.

totally worth your money, the game selection is the best out of the 3 consoles....right now

beware the rings of death

If you happen to get a console which has the RROD problem you have two options. The first option is to return it to the store you purchased it from as long as you are still under store warranty. The second option is to call 1-800-4MY-Xbox and ask about shipping in your broken console. In most cases the console they send back to you will either be a refurbished and or brand new one. Thus I doubt that you would get the console you sent in back again. Also if you received a new console with the RROD you could then send it back in again for repairs.

What happens if you have your 360 for like 9years and you get the rrod,
Do they still fix it for free?

wiiman14 said:
What happens if you have your 360 for like 9years and you get the rrod,
Do they still fix it for free?
If you've had your Xbox for 9 years, it's time to go next gen.

Syntax said:
If you happen to get a console which has the RROD problem you have two options. The first option is to return it to the store you purchased it from as long as you are still under store warranty. The second option is to call 1-800-4MY-Xbox and ask about shipping in your broken console. In most cases the console they send back to you will either be a refurbished and or brand new one. Thus I doubt that you would get the console you sent in back again. Also if you received a new console with the RROD you could then send it back in again for repairs.

do you have this saved, so you just copy paste it. i swear in every 360 thread you always say this! :lol:

question: is there a way to prevent rrod, or it just happens? i heard ventalation(sp) prevents it, but then i think i heard of someones 360 getting rrod even though it was ventalated very well. so is the rrod inevitable, or can it be prevented?

The X360 is worth every penny. The console has a 3 year warranty on it, so you don't have to worry about the console breaking down. The system has great online for the price and a great game selection to go with it.

I say go for it!

Back