XD ps3 20 gb isnt in sotres anymore

Nice lol. Seems they are after the money!
They were better off keeping it on the tables incase the 60Gb falls in [Not to say it will]

If I ever had free cash I considered the $500 version. What do I need 60gb for? I have a 70gb hard drive and barely go past 10gb. I guess Sony is aiming for the rich crowd all the way. Ironically I heard Sony loses less money selling the 20gb versions.

Yeah, you guy do realise Sony lost less money on the 20gb one so really it shows there not in it for the money alone. Im happy about that, i found the 20Gb a bit pointless when for a little bit more cash you got one 3x more powerful.

well as i remember i heard something about a 130GB ps3 with a white finish for $599.99 and lowering the 60GB to $499.99

The 20gb was never even an option in Australia AU$999 for 60gb or no PS3. I dont have that kind of cash to throw around, so I opted for the no PS3.
Depending on sales in other parts of the world, the 20gb was going to be released here. I guess that means it wont be released here at all now.

zeon9881 said:
WTF how much is that in america? 999$
AU$999 is US$831.564 at the current exchange rate.
UK and AUS tend to have higher prices when converted to USD.
Like the Wii here is $400 which is 332.959 USD.

EDIT: And Wii games here tend to sell for $99 and the budget ones like Wario Ware for $79

I work at BestBuy and the 20GB PS3 has been out of our system for about 2 months.

zeon9881 said:
just another point for WII

How is that another point for Wii? If that is how you see the article then this thread was made with the intent of trolling.

Its been stated many times the 20 gig version was in low demand, if consumers were going to get a PS3 they wanted the 60gig, not the 20gig.

Sony also lost $300 per 20gig model sold. So every time you buy a 20gig version, sony loses $300. $240 for the 60gig version.
Lets also keep in mind that the HDs are interchangable with a cheap HD you can get at any computer store or online. Drop a few dollars and you can put a 300gig in there if you so pleased.

Add to the fact that Sony is planning on releasing a modified version of the PS3 which includes a changed cell CPU and larger hard drive.

If i had to buy a car, and saw two of the same models. One had manual lock and windows. The other had electric lock and windows... I, like many PS3 consumers prefered the electric. People were just not interested in the 20gig version when they could get the 60gig, (not everyone but most).

Back