Xmas disaster

jesusthese

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
So i wake up, considerably early this morning to find a Datel wii Lan adapter at the bottom of my bed. i Boot up my pc and arm my self with my credit card ready to purchase some virtual console games. HOWEVER i was bitterly disappointed when i continuously got the 51420 error code. Im using the same cable ive been successfully using for the 360 so i kno theres no issue there, im currently plugging the Ethernet cable into back of my pc which is connected to the broadband by usb connection to the modem.(diagram below hopefully shows it)

Modem----[usb]------>Pc-------[Ethernet Cable]-------->Wii

I would be highly grateful for any help you could give to me on this festive day for i need to rock out online on Gh3 and repp up the virtual console

try pluging in the lan adapter in the back of the wii and and run your ethernet cable to the wii lan adapter not your pc

modem---ethernet cable-----lan adapter------wii

use the usb on the back of the wii

If you are connecting from your computer to the Wii, you need a crossover cable, not a standard ethernet cable. Anytime you connect two PCs together, or in this case a PC and a Wii, you need a crossover cable or put a switch/hub in between them.

The crossover cable flips the send and recieve pairs in the cable so that they can talk to eachother, normally this is done by a switch/hub when it is used in between.

also try disconnecting your PC modem and unpowering your wii/lan adapter, then power up your modem, let it sit and power up the wii/lan adapter. this might help it take the settings of the modem

thanks guys looks like im gonna have to fork out another tenner for a crossover cable then :mad5:, sucks to be me

jesusthese said:
thanks guys looks like im gonna have to fork out another tenner for a crossover cable then :mad5:, sucks to be me

you can do it yourself with the cable that you already have...

and how do you suggest i do that?, would i still be be able to use it for my 360 if i did that>?

Back