Y do doors in all Metroid games take a while to open???

Yes, Cleanteam is right. While you play the game, it tries to hide load times. They can load during cutscenes, at doors, and sometimes just as you're playing.

Yeah, its the old, hidden load time trick, which personally I don't mind.
Rather wait 5 or 6 seconds, than say a minute or so when you enter somewhere new. Doesn't bug me too much.

That's really an awesome way to hide it! I always ran towards a wall, shot it, kept on running, and hit the door, so I wondered why it did that. Finally I understand the reason! I always wondered why there was no load time, it just went really smoothly... Except for annoying elevator scenes...

This has been done since games became Optical based (All Resident Evils used this technique). Also they open faster with some doors versus others because some rooms are smaller or have different things going on in them.

I'd very much prefer waiting a few mere seconds than to have to wait out shittey loading screen which very rarely appear in Nintendo games, they hide them well.

All Metroid Prime games have been like this and i love it, if Metroid had loading screens i would not be as loyal as i am today.

Hah when Im shootin people up and I see a door I always shoot it but run into it and like wtf??? then I charge shot it and it usually opens

Back