Yay! Got my Wii!! Got a Question

Willie Q.

"Metal Gear?!"
Nov 19, 2006
Puerto Rico
Wii Online Code
6786-1824-5833-4791
Wooohooo I got my Wii today and a copy of twight light princes! :ihih: I have a question how can I conect to the internet? I tried with my modem trew the usb on the back of the Wii, but got and error messege. How u guys are making it work?

Same problem with me. Don't know why, anyone want to tell me where I can find my SSID for my router though?

Willie Q. said:
Yeah, but I don't have the nintendo Wi Fi usb Thing

I think the Wii has built in Wi-fi capability. I set up my internet connection right out of the box, and it's working perfectly fine. I even updated the system before anything else.
;)
At least I think that's the case for stateside systems (I'm from Illinois).

dalinkwent817 said:
I think the Wii has built in Wi-fi capability. I set up my internet connection right out of the box, and it's working perfectly fine. I even updated the system before anything else.
;)
At least I think that's the case for stateside systems (I'm from Illinois).

How'd you set it up? Settings - Internet - New Connection, Search for Access Point? I need help on this

I'll try to help you as much as possible. I don't have the system with me at the moment, my girlfriend stole it. :lol:

I searched for an access point. It then recognized my network connection at home. I selected that one, and changed the settings such as password and security type (WPA/WEP) according to the settings on your router. Of course, either you or whoever is in charge of your network would need to know this information.

I hope this helps, let me know.

PS. I didn't need to know the SSID of my network connection. The only information I entered was regarding the network password and security type.

santascow said:
Same problem with me. Don't know why, anyone want to tell me where I can find my SSID for my router though?
If you don't know your SSID, chances are the settings on the router havn't been changed and simply choosing "Search for Access Point" will do. If you are using a 2wire modem, the WEP key is under the serial number barcode on the bottom.

Back