Yellow Nunchuck Stick

Tek720

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Has anybody else noticed that the joy stick on the nunchuck is turning yellow from the oil of your skin? After about 50+ hours of play mine has a light tint to it.

I went to my friends house, and his is very much yellow now. Anybody have any luck cleaning it?

Rubber tends to yellow, I guess you could use a trick that people use to clean their Air Jordans. Seaglow or something.

Tek720 said:
Has anybody else noticed that the joy stick on the nunchuck is turning yellow from the oil of your skin? After about 50+ hours of play mine has a light tint to it.

I went to my friends house, and his is very much yellow now. Anybody have any luck cleaning it?

Ever consider taking a shower everyday?

Yea I wash my hands all the time beacause of the grease espesially befor playing with the white controllers

Last edited:
It was bound to happen. The bottom half of the nunchuck and wiimote have a different coating and the same thing is happening. It's like trying to keep a white car white...IMPOSSIBLE :idea:

Esco27 said:
Made me laugh. Best post yet as far as I've read. Niiiiiiiiice... lol

Yes, best post ever if your 13 and immature. At any rate. It has nothing to do with how clean your hands are or how much you shower. Thank you for useless input into my thread with shower jokes.

If it really bothers you that its yellowing, spring for the extra 20 bucks.

yes, when i got my second wiimote + nunchuk, i noticed my first pair being very darker, and my nunchuk joystick was an extremely off/dirty white, this is why i pefer black things xD

Tek720 said:

Who really cares?

Back