Yoshi underrated??

duke_fan13

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
I'm able to hold my own in the online games I have played as Yoshi. I don't know why everybody thinks he is bad. His FS is great, and he has a wide variety of attacks that make him effective in every situation. Does anybody else like Mario's faithful sidekick??

NOOOOOOO. When ever I jump I hear that annoying f****** sound. GRRRR. Lol but yea I don't like him his too...... idk not my style.

yoshi is a good character, but my friend uses him a lot and I dont like using the same character as my friends. Also yoshi makes that funny sound when he jumps.

i also think yoshi is awesome. in my top 4

but i havnt unlocked everyone yet.

i also thought he was great in 64 version.

I used him in melee a lot. I was pretty good with him. Hes a solid character that takes getting used to

I think the "constipation" jump is part of his charm. :lol:

I mean really he is a sold character. His final smash is pretty deadly, and his special moves aren't too shabby either. Granted he's not the cool new guy that he was in SSB64. He's one of the veterans and as such less appealing to the majority of the crowd since he doesn't have any easily exploited moves like many fan favorites do. Also he's kinda over shadowed by newer additions such as meta knight, snake, pit, etc.

lol that sound brings back memories of yoshi story. good times haha ya i like him. easily gimped but much better than in melee

Yoshi is def under rated. I played him as my main in the previous two Smash bros. and still like to use him in Brawl. I will admit, I've just always loved Yoshi as a character when he came out in the Super Mario World and loved him ever since. Most people consider Yoshi bottom tier, but I don't see why. He does really good damage, and is quite solid. I find his smash attacks particularly powerful as well, I have no problem getting KO's as Yoshi. He doesn't have a 3rd jump, but if you can handle him well, you won't need it most of the times... his regular jump is pretty good and he can take a beating.

I would have really liked if they made the different colors of Yoshi have a different B move. Like fireballs for red yoshi, green can do what he's doing now, blue will let you hover for a sec or something like that... like the colored Yoshis in Super Mario World.

there are a few reasons why a lot of people dont' like yoshi
I for one, think he's decent, but i never use him

Once you get to the much better level of playing, these will be more apparent to you:
1. Yoshi has no "third jump" for example, link can jump twice then use his cyclone thingie to get even higher, yoshi has NOTHIGN like that...
2. Yoshi's aerials are... well... not impressive at all, you can't really hit someone in the air out of stage with yoshi

Although he is powerful

Yoshi isn't bad, it's just that I (personally) like a lot more characters better than him. Although, in all honesty, I'd probably rather play as Yoshi than Lucario.

By the way, in SSE he's paired up with Pit, Mario, Link, and Kirby. How the HELL can you compete with that?

yoshi has a great A down aerial attack, it is very quick and will damage %. then his b down and b side it very usefull. once his percetage is high enough just hit him with a smash attack and hes dead. And yoshis jump is higher then any other character, so its great if you need to get in the air far an attack. now for that 3rd jump, you can use his b up for little extra hight. but since his jump is already so high, it adds up as the same as other characters. I always choose yoshi in SSE, he is the best character to take out som1 that has health if you use his areal a down move ( i just flick my smash stick down on my Classic controler).

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I think the "constipation" jump is part of his charm. :lol:

I mean really he is a sold character. His final smash is pretty deadly, and his special moves aren't too shabby either. Granted he's not the cool new guy that he was in SSB64. He's one of the veterans and as such less appealing to the majority of the crowd since he doesn't have any easily exploited moves like many fan favorites do. Also he's kinda over shadowed by newer additions such as meta knight, snake, pit, etc.

I agree.

Back