Your fav. search engine?

I like hacking google to find some mp3s. One time I found a quicktime version of Lion King 2 in someone's inventory and an AVI of Mulan.

I gravitate back and forth between Yahoo and Google - I used to like the news/portal front end of Yahoo before it cluttered up. Then I want to Google for the super minimal UI - now I'm using iGoogle (which is just the personalized front end) with the exact news feeds and misc I want to read (with little to no ads, no video/flash or other misc BS).

I still occasionally cross-check a search between the two for additional hits. Years ago I used to use AltaVista almost exclusively. I still hit it up for BabelFish (language translator).

I also use Wiki a ton - in fact, we're using a Wiki [look alike] engine we developed to aggregate some medical research data. Great way to manage/present data and people are super familiar with how it works (easy to explain if they've used the regular Wikipedia!).

Yahoo
&
Wiki

(I don't trust Google do to the fact they record everything you search for and tie your searches to your IP. Second, also G-Mail. Most people don't reed the EULA, but if you agree, you give Google the right to read and search through your e-mails, plus I get spam mail from my friends addresses that use it. "Do no evil." - Google, no evil my ass!):p

Back