Your favorite Wii game.(so far)

well i dont have a Wii and the only game ive played is Wii sports...so ima go with that! wohoo but the games i most looking foward to are Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Red Steel, and others...CANT WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON A WII!

Hands down Wii Sports, especially with 4 controllers and everyone in the house plays it and challenges everyone, I pro play Zelda every other day, Rayman and Wii Play both were put up on Ebay the night I got them, HA!

I love COD3 its a game that you can play and beat over and over again without it getting old or boring IMO. Then would probably be Excite Truck.

i literally bought wii to play zelda before anyone else.
i think there was this kind of ad in the nintendo powers

StockTheWii said:
my favorite so far is redsteel (mainly because metriod 3 is ent out yet) just because of the addicting game play i liked zelda but it is more of the same and i get sick of it fast

More of the same? You obviously haven't given this one a flick of your wiimote! If you have no idea what you are talking about you really should keep your posts to yourself!

I wil go with Zelda followed close with Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam. I was hoping for a traditional TH game with the wii controls but TH downhill was a pretty decent game. I'm still waiting for a good shooter, Red Steel wan't what I expected.

Hi, I've only joined today and the last thing I'd want to do is become "unpopular" on my first day,( and, yes, I honestly respect the right of every gamer to have their own tastes and preferences in their gaming) but, I can't believe some of the choices which totally ignore simply the finest gaming franchise of all time!

Of course I mean Zelda Twilight Princess, which must be the most stand-out reason for buying a Wii - in fact, although their are a couple of titles already which are well worth the time and money, if anyone genuinely doesn't want to play T.P., then I think they're instantly removing 75% ( just a figure, not meant to be mathematically accurate! ) of the reason for purchasing a Wii at launch or soon after!

I realise that I'm going to be shot down for saying that but, honestly, is anyone really comparing "Sports" or "Wario Ware" to this Zelda triumph?!?

Yes! Of course they are both excellent games, and fantastic as a brief blast or a dose of party mayhem.....but, and, again, apologies, they are surely not in the same league in terms of anything approaching the word "legend"?

Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well, but, to me, anyway, any owner of ANY Nintendo system should go to bed at night thanking the gaming gods for that moment 20 odd years ago when the supremely gifted Mr Miyamoto first had the idea of creating a "universe" in which to play as your "hero character", and, in an instant, gave us an experience and a level of enjoyment and satisfaction that had never been even approached previously, and one that lasted way beyond the completion of "the game"

From Link To The Past, through Ocarina, and right up to today and Twilight Princess, we are all so unbelievably fortunate to be able to play these games and enjoy an overall experience that NO other game - however good it might be ( and there are many!) - can even dream of giving.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.

Cheers all
Chris

Welcome, Chris! It's nice to see people on forums who are strong in their convictions, have a comprehensive vocabulary and can express themselves much more than simply saying "Zelda RuLeZ!" :)

From what I've seen (it's my son who mostly plays), Zelda is an excellent game. If I had the time and patience, I'm sure I would be totally immersed in it. At my age though, I simply can't afford to spend hours anymore playing video games. So for me, games like Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wario and Rayman are ideal. I can play for a few minutes or even half an hour. I can have a bit of fun and then move on to the million other things I need to get done.

Aylwin said:
Welcome, Chris! It's nice to see people on forums who are strong in their convictions, have a comprehensive vocabulary and can express themselves much more than simply saying "Zelda RuLeZ!" :)

From what I've seen (it's my son who mostly plays), Zelda is an excellent game. If I had the time and patience, I'm sure I would be totally immersed in it. At my age though, I simply can't afford to spend hours anymore playing video games. So for me, games like Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wario and Rayman are ideal. I can play for a few minutes or even half an hour. I can have a bit of fun and then move on to the million other things I need to get done.

Hi Aylwin and thanks for the welcome mate.
Yeah I'm with you in terms of the advancing years meaning less time to enjoy a few moments forgetting the trials of life and just diving into the wonderous world of Zelda or, conversely, the insane mayhem of "Sports Tennis" or a spot of Cow racing!!

Phyl ( my wife ) and I played a little T.P. last night and we were both astonished that our most recent save file ( we tend to enjoy playing it together - it's actually a lot of fun sharing the whole adventure, spotting something that maybe the other has missed, etc ) was over two weeks ago! That pretty much sums up how times change I guess. I well remember sometimes sitting up until 3 or 4 in the morning playing Link To The Past on the Snes some 15 or so years ago and then attempting to look reasonably human as I bumbled into work a few hours later!.....aahh those were the days Aylwin!!

Anyway, thanks again for the "hello" mate and I look forward to "meeting" you on the forum again.

Cheers Aylwin
Chris

Favorite game so far is ZELDA OF COURSE im a huge zelda fan i loved all of them! I also like the dragonballz game and NFS carbon gonna be picking up sonic soon and im sure that will be up on my favorites as well!

Chris, you're a @$$**** for saying that Wii Sports and WarioWare don't stand up to Zelda! I know Zelda is fun, but so is Wii Sports! I haven't played WarioWare yet but it looks like fun. And how can you not mention Mario!!!!! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?! Mario is the coolest! Zelda games can't stand up to Mario games. Hint hint over 200 million Mario games sold! Best selling franchise EVER! How can you NOT mention Mario! Your're ****in insane!!!

Nfanboy said:
Chris, you're a @$$**** for saying that Wii Sports and WarioWare don't stand up to Zelda! I know Zelda is fun, but so is Wii Sports! I haven't played WarioWare yet but it looks like fun. And how can you not mention Mario!!!!! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?! Mario is the coolest! Zelda games can't stand up to Mario games. Hint hint over 200 million Mario games sold! Best selling franchise EVER! How can you NOT mention Mario! Your're ****in insane!!!

Well I hoped the tone of my post would preclude my getting any responses like this - if you read it you'll see I express my respect for both the opinions of others AND the specific games you mention.....and, by the way, which new MARIO game on the Wii are you talking about (??!!??). For god's sake let me know 'cos I'll rush straight out and buy it....I LOVE Mario ( both as a character and a gaming franchise ) - but obviously I bumped into you!

Of course, as I intimated in my post, both Wii Sports and WarioWare are fabulous games ( I own them both along with "Play" and "SMBBB" - which are also great fun ), and, I repeat, I made it as clear as day that I have the utmost respect for every gamers djffering tastes and gaming preferences>

BUT....try and persuade me that, in 5,10,20 years time, "Wii Sports" will be remembered with more admiration and respect as a gaming achievement than "Twilight Princess" and I'd have to, very much, question your opinion.

You will note, in spite of the nature and tone of your reply to my post, that I don't get involved, 'nor do I wish to, in posts that involve "@$$****" or anything approaching insult or defamation.

I suspect ( if you reply to a relatively innocent and unimportant post such as mine in the way you have ) that you're simply that breed of internet "waster" that trawls the various message boards and forums "looking for trouble"!?!

Maybe life has dealt you a lousy hand of cards, or perhaps you're just angst-ridden because you're struggling to find any self-respect in the "REAL" world?

I actually feel a lot of sympathy for you if you really need to unload all that angst on such a trivial thing as my harmless little post!

Anyway, I wish you a lot of luck in whichever direction life takes you "Nfanboy" (?!?).....I get the feeling you're going to need all you can get!!

Cheers
Chris

Back