Your monthly salary for the Wii

I'm a pretty new owner (got mine December 29th, 2007) so I've been a little heavy on the purchasing lately. Since I got the system, I bought Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Wii Play, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3, an extra nunchuck, and the component cables...totals roughly $600 including taxes. The only game I plan to buy in the near future is Smash Bros...so my monthly Wii spending is about to go down to almost nothing.

Uhh....Gamefly makes it around $15 a month. I buy a game every main vacation I get.

I thought I wouldn't be spending that much on a Wii since it's only $250 plus $50 per game, but the price for accessories sure do pile up quick. After buying just 1 extra Wiimote w/Nunchuck, 2 GC remotes, SMG, and pre-ordering SSBB, I'm well over $500!

i've owned my wii for almost a year, and i've invested roughly $700 (including the actual console) on it.

just a little over $50 a month :yesnod:

Lad at work spent 1/6 of his wages on PS3 games at dinner today!

I generally get 1 every few months!

ven0mous said:
Thanks For the props on the avvy, rep for you.

But thats the way I do any system. Im pretty hardcore and make really good money so pretty much anything I see and want, I get. I generally buy a new game or periphial for one of my systems everyday.

I currently have
1344 NES
1876 SNES
405 GENESIS
109 SATURN
2 milkcrates full of GB/GBC
300 GBA
989 PSX
554 N64
412 PS2
211 Dreamcast
69 JAGUAR
123 NEOGEO
59 DS
174 XBOX
21 PS3
15 XBOX 360
games (this includes imports and special editions, marks)
plus just about every periphial for all but the next gen systems. The ALPHA GAMER title is from when my house was featured in the newspaper here the headline was "ENTER THE ALPHA GAMER"
So yeah the spending may decine sightly but only if something in the 360 or PS3 finally sparks me to give a **** about the systems and break from my Wii addiction

Guessing you have a buttload of doubles in that collection, willing to part with some of the N64 games? by the looks of it even if you have all the N64 games you should have 167 doubles, they only made 387 games. I'll buy the rest off you if your willing to part with them and i don't have them aswell. ha ha need to finnish up my collections.

Awsome collection of NeoGeo/Jaguar by the way, I never had any luck tracking down more than a handful of games for them. I think it was mainly just my local area, it never got real popular here.

Don't forget to pick up a Panasonic 3D0 if you see one. Out of the "ridiculously expensive consoles" its by far my favorite one. Tons of corny games that fit in perfect for the time.

A Wii game cost me 1 or 2 hours of work net. I would never spend a month's salary on stuff for a video console.

Now, modifications and tires for my Jeep... yep, done that.
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

I'll be poor.

As soon as I get back to the United (I'm studying abroad in England this year) I'm probably going buy a load of games for my Wii. I calculate that I'll be spending around 500 dollars in a two week period.

It's okay... I work at Sears and the games they carry I'll buy there with my discount. It's a small discount, but if I'm spending 500 dollars I'll save 50 dollars. Damn that's a lot.

Marc said:
Lad at work spent 1/6 of his wages on PS3 games at dinner today!

I generally get 1 every few months!
Correction - Hes now spent £150! :yikes:

hmmmm, ide say is regularly get a game every 2 months, sometimes 1 month

sometimes- 30$ a month
sometimes- 60$ a month

Back