Your plans for 2008

ally_uk

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
If you were in charge of Nintendo right now what games and innovations would you bring to the table?

Firstly I would resurrect Kid Icarus and turn it into a God of War killer :)

Secondly I would release Punch Out Wii and Wii Sports 2

Thirdly I would put the chips on the table and get Capcom to remake Resi Evil 2 and 3 for the Wii ( exclusives )

Fourth I would get Sega to make Skies Of Arcadia 2 for the Wii.

Fifth I would hassle Capcom and get them to Make Zack and Wiki 2

Sixth I would get free radical or Bungee or Valve to make a decent FPS Wii Exclusive.

Seventh I would get Retro to produce a new Dark I.P

Lastly I would get AKI the guys who used to make Def jam and wcw / wwf games to develop a new mixed martail arts beat em up there fighting engine kicks ass!

What would you do?

Some good ideas there, for Kid icarus I would make a 3d platformer with a focus on fighting or something, sorta like zelda XD

I would team up with SEGA to make a sequal to sonic heroes/sonic adventure 2 (Sonic adventure 3 anyone?)

I think sega have alot of potential! another shenmue game would be excellent on the Wii.

But yeah Kid Icarus needs to come back make it a cross between Zelda and God of War and make the difficulty insane like the old skool nes version!

Wake up about the Storage problem with this console by allowing for SD cards and USB harddrives/ Jumpdrives to be used. Allow Ipods to be used through USB as Harddrives and Connect to a My Music Channel For on screen music queue and allow it to be linked to games that let you use your own Music such as Endless Ocean. ETC. Do away with friend codes and Push parents to be more involved in The games and the online interaction. Make the Parental controls have more choices for those who want it. Others can just leave it off. Release a demo channel for Some 1st party titles and wiiware. Add a update to the Mii creator for more choices and clothes. Create a animal crossing style game using Miis'. Start a stricter policy regarding what developers can publish on retail disc. Kidz sportz... my horsez.... My pet batz.. and other shovelware will have to be wiiware or priced according to quality of title. $5 etc. Hire Mr. Lee to work on the Headtracking and other ideas. Offer incentives to developers to make quality Wii titles using old franchises and new IP. Downloadable content for Guitar Hero and Rock band and New Maps for Other titles such as MOH:H2.
Release a patch to SSBB and MOHH2 to allow for Voicechat. Voicechat period. Bluetooth headsets. Announce new Zelda that is a mix of Twilight Princess and Oblivion With 1:1 Sword and shield controls.

Someone elses turn... although I think I would be pretty popular as the new President of Nintendo.. no?!

I'd do another Wii Sports with online.

A proper online tennis game a la Virtua Tennis.

Doom/Quake style FPS.

Athletics with multiplayer on online play.

Pester Capcom to make another Resident Evil game.

ally_uk said:
If you were in charge of Nintendo right now what games and innovations would you bring to the table?

Firstly I would resurrect Kid Icarus and turn it into a God of War killer :)

Secondly I would release Punch Out Wii and Wii Sports 2

Thirdly I would put the chips on the table and get Capcom to remake Resi Evil 2 and 3 for the Wii ( exclusives )

Fourth I would get Sega to make Skies Of Arcadia 2 for the Wii.

Fifth I would hassle Capcom and get them to Make Zack and Wiki 2

Sixth I would get free radical or Bungee or Valve to make a decent FPS Wii Exclusive.

Seventh I would get Retro to produce a new Dark I.P

Lastly I would get AKI the guys who used to make Def jam and wcw / wwf games to develop a new mixed martail arts beat em up there fighting engine kicks ass!

What would you do?

Some nice choices there! Sequels for Zack and Wiki and Skies of Arcadia would be awesome, and there's great potential in reviving Kid Icarus (although I'm thing something more like Zelda than God of War).

Things I would do as head of Nintendo:
-Move up the PAL release of Brawl up to a more reasonable date, and stop taking PAL gamers for granted.
-Less focus on casual games, more on developing new and interesting IPs which could take advantage of the Wii.
-New Earthbound/Mother game.
-A new 2D Metroid for the Wii.
-Team up with a few third parties (especially Sega, Capcom and Konami) to make... Ultimate Smash Bros.

-1st Party Kid Icarus platform/action game
-1st Party Metroid Prime - Multiplayer with online multiplayer (Like Echoes but much better)
-Talk Square-Enix into making a Secret of Mana 4-player co-op action rpg with online for Wii
-Talk Tecmo into doing Ninja Gaiden for Wii
-Talk Capcom into doing a new Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest game for Wii
-Talk SEGA into porting Phantasy Star Universe to Wii and add offline splitscreen multiplayer like Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube
-Talk Silikon Nights into doing Eternal Darkness2
-Talk Lucas Arts into making Jedi lightsaber fighting game using motion-control
-Allow loading VC games and storing game-saves directly to huge SD cards. (rather than making you transfer)

my main goal would be: VOICE CHAT!!!!

also, id like to get a few more "mature" games released, a good fps, or some good adventure games, like Oblivion or something

1.) fix mario kart's graphics
2.) finish up the new zelda
3.) spend the rest of the time focusing on a pokemon mmorpg

AoWFraggit said:
1.) fix mario kart's graphics
2.) finish up the new zelda
3.) spend the rest of the time focusing on a pokemon mmorpg

what?!!? new zelda!? why havent i heard of this!?

13ofHEARTS said:
what?!!? new zelda!? why havent i heard of this!?
Because Fraggit is just assuming. It has not been confirmed/announced in any way

Anyways, a Kid Icarus platformer would be awesome.
Along with a storage device of some type whether it be hard drive or just. more developed SD card use.
Skies of Arcadia Sequel sounds kool.
Get Square-Enix to make us an original RPG or a sequel to another.
More RPG's in general.
Some type of chat for games that need it (ie. BWii, MOHH2, etc.)
Convince other third parties to make better quality Wii games.

EDIT: A Gears of War type game would be awesome :yesnod:

Last edited:
13ofHEARTS said:
oh, ok, damn, i got excited there for a while

Its not a matter of if it will come out, its a matter of when. Nintendo releases two zelda games per system.:yesnod:

Back