Status
Not open for further replies.
lee.jarratt said:
Aw that's good then, as long as he is happy

Brawny said:
Hm...sad to hear it Wiired.

Thanks lads.

m7ticalm said:
remember on my birthday, me and my mates went bowling (it was actually suprise party), and some down syndrome kid came and hugged me and tried to kiss me. Dude did he have some monster grip or something! Lol, all my friends give me **** for that, but i dont really care. Theres nothing wrong with retarded people. Ill probably get arthiritis when im older.......meh

Don't wish to worry you buddy, but I heard that people with Down Syndrome are extra horny compared to people without it :) blessem

I feel disheartened whenever I see someone disabled. They say all children are born equal but they are not. Some are born with down syndrome, some with autism, some blind and deaf.

When you think about what they could have done if life, if only they had been born with the same capabilities as the majority of us. My brother who has now finished school had Autism so I spent a lot of time around our school's Special Education Unit. I became friends with many of the kids. They always seemed so happy and positive but I know deep down inside they have very little hope of 'making it' in their life.

People always focus on someone's disabilities but they should focus on their abilities. Lets focus on Autism for a minute. Autism is basically when someone has very badly developed and limited social skills. But just because you have bad social skills doesn't mean you aren't brainy. Lots of people with Autism are very focused on just one thing. This thing becomes the love of their lives. They know just about everything there is to know about their 'thing' but because they have bad social skills when you come in contact with them the common conception by the 'average' person is, "Oh its a dumb retard".

If someone with Autism can get themselves into a position where they can do their 'thing' for the rest of their lives, they will live a very, very happy life. They will be very successful in doing their thing.

A few decades ago, someone with Autism had a mad keen interest in computers. He fiddled with them in all his spare time because he wasn't heavily involved in social activities. He became so interested in computers that he managed to start his own business along with 2 of his closest friends. They all worked on their computer software but his two friends handled a lot of the "business-type" stuff. Public Relations, speeches, etc. This company grew and grew and became a very prosperous company and is still very prosperous company today. That company was Microsoft. That person was Bill Gates.

Now think about that the next time you pass someone off as just a 'retard'.

using the word retard is highly offensive to anyone. most people your talking about arn't retarded. and it's not a laughing matter if they have a metal disability that makes them act strange in some ways. some people should act there age more, and not there shoe size :)

Gaz said:
using the word retard is highly offensive to anyone. most people your talking about arn't retarded. and it's not a laughing matter if they have a metal disability that makes them act strange in some ways. some people should act there age more, and not there shoe size :)
Agreeeeed. Fair play calling someone without a mental disability (except stupidity) a retard, but someone who actually suffers mentally or physically - isn't on. Not their fault.

Retard is a word that accurately describes most retards. It is not offensive, it is just society trying to cover truth with bigger, less harsh sounding words. Politically correctness does not fly with me my friends.

Something George Carlin said:

Let's get to some of these other non-victims. You probably noticed, elsewhere I used the word fat. I used that word because that's what fat people are. They're fat. They're not large; they're not stout, chunky, hefty, or plump. And they're not big-boned. Dinosaurs are big-boned. These people are not necessarily obese, either. Obese is a medical term. And they're not overweight. Overweight implies there is some correct weight. There is no correct weight. Heavy is also a misleading term. An aircraft carrier is heavy; it's not fat. Only people are fat, and that's what fat people are. They're fat. I offer no apology for this. It is not intended as criticism or insult. It is simply descriptive language. I don't like euphemisms. Euphemisms are a form of lying. Fat people are not gravitationally disadvantaged. They're fat. I prefer seeing things the way they are, not the way some people wish they were.
I don't believe groups deserve extra-special names. For instance, midgets and dwarfs are midgets and dwarfs. They're not little people. Infants are little people; leprechauns are little people. Midgets and dwarfs are midgets and dwarfs. They don't get any taller by calling them little people. I wish their lives were different. I wish they didn't have to walk around staring at other people's crotches, but I can't fix that. And I'm not going to lie about what they are. The politically sensitive language commandos would probably like me to call them "vertically challenged." They're not vertically challenged. A skydiver is vertically challenged. The person who designed the Empire State Building was vertically challenged. Midgets and dwarfs are midgets and dwarfs.

Also, crippled people are crippled, they're not differently-abled. If you insist on using tortured language like differently-abled, then you must include all of us. We're all differently-abled. You can do things I can't do; I can do things you can't do. I can pick my nose with my thumb, and I can switch hands while masturbating and gain a stroke. We're all differently-abled. Crippled people are simply crippled. It's a perfectly honorable word. There is no shame in it. It's in the Bible: "Jesus healed the cripples." He didn't engage in rehabilitative strategies for the physically disadvantaged.

And, by the way, when it comes to these liberal language vandals, I must say I agree with their underlying premise: White Europeans and their descendants are morally unattractive people who are responsible for most of the world's suffering. That part is easy. You would have to be, uh, visually impaired not to see it. The impulse behind political correctness is a good one. But like every good impulse in America it has been grotesquely distorted beyond usefulness.

Clearly, there are victims, but I don't agree that these failed campus revolutionaries know what to do about them. When they're not busy curtailing freedom of speech, they're running around inventing absurd hyphenated names designed to make people feel better. Remember, these are the white elitists in their customary paternalistic role: protecting helpless, inept minority victims. Big Daddy White Boss always knows best.

I have a problem with calling my friends 'retards.' It really makes me feel bad afterwards, but its such a gut reaction. Its an insult Ive used for years and its become a habit. I truly wish I could stop, but until I find a way (other than not talking at all) I suppose I will have to keep hating myself.

To sum things up, I despise myself.

I dont mind disabled people.

They are just there, its not their fault, they deserve help and respect.

Brawny said:
Hm...sad to hear it Wiired.

@ Lee, is that the only reason you grow your hair crazy long?

And my mom's blind...:/

The OP has not shown up again....

Yeah that is one of the reasons, I feel more confident with my hair over my ears etc. But hell, it's crazy cool anyway! *high 5 man*

But yeah, Ive been like this all my life and all the time people take the piss and it's not fair, and they are even worse to my long time best friend, he is more deaf than me and he has to wear a cochlear implant and it really makes me feel bad when i hear people in the street talking about him like he isn't a human. But because we have grown with problems all our lives and that made us best friends, doing anything to help each other.
lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiired said:
My Dad was classed as disabled because he couldn't continue working due to a car crash, which (I forget what it's called) causes his right arm to continuously shake, and because his work was on roofs and such, it was too hard/dodgy to continue. Funny to watch him eat cereal though.
LMAO!
how evil.

Funny, nobody's mentioned being really friggin' short. Like 3 ft. tall deal! Like Dwarfs, or midgets(you get to know the difference when ya meet 'em) and how ppl tease 'em, sad to see or how you notice that everyones starring at them and some dumbass snot nosed brat yells "look at him!" I wonder how they deal with it every day without going ballistic. I dunno, or like cerebral palsy. Lemme tell ya this, theres a job out there for everyone, I've seen people with downsyndrome working before. I'm trying to think of how autistic people could fit in the working world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back