Your take on disabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
trevorsantos said:
some people think that disabled people are funny like if they fall. i sometimes think its funny but i mostly try to help them, because one if i or you were disabled wouldnt that be sad and messed up? yes it would.:nonod:
:yesnod: +rep

trevorsantos said:
some people think that disabled people are funny like if they fall. i sometimes think its funny but i mostly try to help them, because one if i or you were disabled wouldnt that be sad and messed up? yes it would.:nonod:

Im sad and messed up? Thanks :thumbsup:

lee.jarratt said:
Because of my mild syndrome, i cant get into extreme sports as my bones are weaker than an average person, but that doesn't bother me.
lee

I think hes also got somethin' like that since when when he jumped over some dirty clothes he fell a bit funny and broke his leg, he didn't jump to high either.
For a while there he was quite disabled :/ Hes alright now though.

I know its slightly off topic - but anyone ever parked in a "mother and child" parking space at the supermarket?

I don't park in disabled spaces because of crippling guilt that some dude in a wheelchair or with sticks will have to park miles away. - But let me tell you something. The mother and child spaces are "fair game". :thumbsup:
There's no law of the land to say you can't park there (its just common courtesy that you leave those spaces alone - phfff, nuts to that!).

Just don't try explaining this point to irate mothers who see you doing it. And don't tell them "You could be both sterile and impotent, and still legally park in this space". Cause they don't like that...
In fact don't park in those spaces cause its not worth the hassle. Chr*st there were like 10 empty mother and child spaces and this b*tch is having a go at me for taking up 1? I mean leave me alone. I'm just here to buy some Jim Beam for tonight you b*tch...:wtf:

^lmfao *REPPED*

Ive never even heard of mother and child parking spaces...so...apparently I do park in them?

Do they have those in the US?

LevesqueIsKing said:
^lmfao *REPPED*

Ive never even heard of mother and child parking spaces...so...apparently I do park in them?

Do they have those in the US?

Dunno about the US? Have them everywhere here though. Its great cause they are just like disabled spaces in the sense you have like 4 foot between cars - and therefore don't have to squeeze out when someone parks too close to your side... The only downside is that they are supposed to be for "mother and child". But once you get over that fact you needn't worry about parking too far away again.:thumbsup:

*edit* solution = bring your mom/mum with you every time you go shopping..?

Yeah, I've seen them at the larger malls here in Michigan. Couple outside my Barnes and Noble too.

These are the biggest crock ever. If you're so prego that you can't park more than 100 ft away from the door, YOU SHOULDN'T BE WALKING IN A MALL!

:mad2:

:lol:

Is it truly illegal to park in them, or is it just courtesy? I am so confused, Ive never seen these.

You wouldnt get ticketed or anything, right?

LMAO....my mom's blind. I got a handicapped plate. I don't really care, I can park ANYWHEREEEEEEE

Jill will confirm, but I don't believe any cop will be harsh enough to ticket you, even if it is technically illegal.

Cops.....Brawny, u just never know! Over here anyway, they will ticket you for absolutely anything. They just have an enormous power-trip thing goin on. I applied a few times in saying that....

Idk about the rest of you, but they always crack down at the beginning of summer-break here in ohio. You'll get ticketed for anything.

But in a few weeks its back to going 80 down the interstate :cool: (Shhh...Dont tell Jill)

Ah, the interstate...

Morning commute on M-6 averages 85 :cool:

while US-131 (does it hit Troy?) is lucky to get to 72....my cruising speed.

Edit: oh, I tell jill everything. muhahahahahahahhahahahhahha *cough* *wheeze*

I have no idea if 131 hits troy, although i doubt it because Ive never heard of it. Im a new driver so I dont know too much about what interstates what and whatnot.

The closest interstates to my house are 70 and 75.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
I know its slightly off topic - but anyone ever parked in a "mother and child" parking space at the supermarket?

I don't park in disabled spaces because of crippling guilt that some dude in a wheelchair or with sticks will have to park miles away. - But let me tell you something. The mother and child spaces are "fair game". :thumbsup:
There's no law of the land to say you can't park there (its just common courtesy that you leave those spaces alone - phfff, nuts to that!).

Just don't try explaining this point to irate mothers who see you doing it. And don't tell them "You could be both sterile and impotent, and still legally park in this space". Cause they don't like that...
In fact don't park in those spaces cause its not worth the hassle. Chr*st there were like 10 empty mother and child spaces and this b*tch is having a go at me for taking up 1? I mean leave me alone. I'm just here to buy some Jim Beam for tonight you b*tch...:wtf:

LOL you are so right although it would be bad if all of them were taken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back