your team....

shock

WiiChat Member
Aug 7, 2007
talk about your team, it's pros and cons, and is it the same team u have in mind before you got the game? cuz my is sooo different lol

is not that i dont' want to talk about my teams, but i change my teammates a lot.

I didn't really have a team in mind before I got the game, other than I wanted to unlock Diddy and play him. I ended up getting him, but I'm still sticking with my main man Bowser.

Team is:

Captain : Bowser
Forwards : Toad, Boo
Defense : Dry Bones

Pros: Bowser is a monster to handle on the field and with his deke it's very hard to defend against him or to tackle him blindly. Boo is the dark horse of the game, since his skillshot is hard to pull off no one ever sees it coming and when done correctly there's nothing the goalie can do, Toad is fast and able to steal from just about any one and can usually be relied on to make the pass. Dry Bones is the ace in the hole, when nothing else works his speed and his skill shot are going to do it. There's also something satisfying about setting Kritter on fire.

Cons: Bowser is slow, and a poor passer. He can't move the ball at all when he's in trouble and his passes routinely get intercepted. His special is hit or miss, if you don't get every one on the screen then some one is going to take the ball -- plus you usually end up setting just as many team mates on fire as enemies. Outside of bowser it's a pretty weak shooting team, it's more about getting ball possession than putting it into the net.

Oh, and I have the most wins over Wario, and the most losses against Luigi, if that matters.

Captain: Waluigi

Forwards: Birdo, Hammer Bros.

Defense: Boo

PROS: i shoot a lot with my forwards to get power-ups and thus eventually get his item, which when i do correctly, is extremely easy to get a 6-ball orange metastrike.

birdo's skill shot is awesome because it can't be stopped if no one is front of him but the goalie, and has an awesome regular shot.

hammer bros. is also awesome for awesome, his deke rules.

and boo is good for defense with its speed, and his skillshot when pulled off right is unstoppable.

2 speedsters, 2 shooters

CONS: outside of Waluigi, there are no good passers. strength is almost no-exisitant. also, Waluigi's regular shot sucks and that is also applied to the megastrike, as well, i think.

FWELR said:
Captain: Waluigi

Forwards: Birdo, Hammer Bros.

Defense: Boo

PROS: i shoot a lot with my forwards to get power-ups and thus eventually get his item, which when i do correctly, is extremely easy to get a 6-ball orange metastrike.

birdo's skill shot is awesome because it can't be stopped if no one is front of him but the goalie, and has an awesome regular shot.

hammer bros. is also awesome for awesome, his deke rules.

and boo is good for defense with its speed, and his skillshot when pulled off right is unstoppable.

2 speedsters, 2 shooters

CONS: outside of Waluigi, there are no good passers. strength is almost no-exisitant. also, Waluigi's regular shot sucks and that is also applied to the megastrike, as well, i think.

boo is a good passer too, he is a playmaker. and yeah waluigi really suck at regular shot, even when the ball is white, and i found it hard to use wall-uigi cuz half of the time i got attack by my own wall.

Capt.-Luigi
Forwards-Birdo and Hammer Bros.
Defense-Boo

I love this team! The con is that my forwards are a little slow but other than that...nothing!

mines was pretty much the same now and then. except for the captain. i wanted to use dk but i changed to wario, hb, db, and tod/trooper/shy guy.

captain- DK
forwards: toad, toad
defense: dry bones

my strategy is to use the speed of the toads and dry bones to keep the other team from getting off shots, while DK uses his power and special to shoot. I never use my toads for jumping the goalie. plus they are good to get open and rack up items by charging their shots but not shooting their skill shot.

captain- Diddy
Forward- Monty Mole, Toad
Defence- Dry Bones
Pros
The pros for my team are that there are 2 fast characters, Diddy and Dry Bones, which is good when my opponent are about to use a super strike, or when I try to get the ball. I also have one playmaker, Toad, and one offence player, Monty Mole, so i have a pretty balanced team.

Cons
The cons for my team are that there are 2 fast players, but they also have a pretty crappy shot, and the only character with a good shot is Monty Moll. Toad has a normal shot, but it still is pretty weak.

Captain- Luigi (best theme music)

Forwards - Hammer Bros., Dry Bones

Defense - Monty Mole

Just got the game so im just experimenting right now

C: Mario
Boo, Hammer Bro playing forward.
Dry Bones in the backfield.

Pros:
-Above average team speed.
-2 strikers who can finish without skill/mega shots
-Good defence due to speed.
-Boo is actually a very pivotal member of my team - He is my setup man, my charge man, my tackle man.. he can go from one end to the next with great speed.
-Steals, steals, steals. When I see my game stats, I usually have 10x as many steals as hits. My team speed allows me to do so.

Cons:
-Weak strength, which sucks in the corners especially because any team with the heavy hitters can demolish my team physically, and speed doesn't help as much as you'd think because most of the big hitters have a large range for their checks.
-Weak shot from DB and Boo, although both skillshots are very capable of scoring.
-HB actually feels slower than normal due to the fact that the rest of the team is fast.
-And for some reason, since I like to be active and change controlled player often, I noticed that HB gets stuck playing defence more than DB, who I have placed on D. I use Drybones to go up the field sometimes due to his speed, and that leaves HB on D which can be trouble.

Well my Con list seems more extensive than my Pro list, but maybe that's because I focus on the negative in order to figure out how I can improve my team/skills.

Let me know if you think you have spotted a way to improve my team. I have tried throwing in Birdo/MM instead of Boo, but it just kills my team speed much too drastically.

Captain: Bowser or D.K
Side Kicks: Hammer Bro, Boo, ShyGuy or Birdo

shadow21x said:
C: Mario
Boo, Hammer Bro playing forward.
Dry Bones in the backfield.

Pros:
-Above average team speed.
-2 strikers who can finish without skill/mega shots
-Good defence due to speed.
-Boo is actually a very pivotal member of my team - He is my setup man, my charge man, my tackle man.. he can go from one end to the next with great speed.
-Steals, steals, steals. When I see my game stats, I usually have 10x as many steals as hits. My team speed allows me to do so.

Cons:
-Weak strength, which sucks in the corners especially because any team with the heavy hitters can demolish my team physically, and speed doesn't help as much as you'd think because most of the big hitters have a large range for their checks.
-Weak shot from DB and Boo, although both skillshots are very capable of scoring.
-HB actually feels slower than normal due to the fact that the rest of the team is fast.
-And for some reason, since I like to be active and change controlled player often, I noticed that HB gets stuck playing defence more than DB, who I have placed on D. I use Drybones to go up the field sometimes due to his speed, and that leaves HB on D which can be trouble.

Well my Con list seems more extensive than my Pro list, but maybe that's because I focus on the negative in order to figure out how I can improve my team/skills.

Let me know if you think you have spotted a way to improve my team. I have tried throwing in Birdo/MM instead of Boo, but it just kills my team speed much too drastically.

seems like you r not a big passer, maybe u can change HB to birdo or MM, HB is good in shoting and passing, but boo and mario is more than enough to cover the passes. birdo and MM both have good shot and "defense", maybe that might help u on the backcourt. u will need to find which one u like better.

maybe u can even change your C to yoshi, good dex, and still a balance player. but i don't know about the egg roll

adjust as u go on.

Now I'm not gonna tell you my exact team, but if you need any tips just send me a message, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Back