Your thoughts on the Killzone 2 Demo?

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
So, the demo's out.

If you preordered it, you have your beta code.
Not shelling out 5 bucks on a demo? Then you can make a UK account. Free demo!

But anywho.

I'm dissapointed in it. Not because it was bad, but for a different reason.

I started it up. Tried doing stuff. Then said, "HOLD ON WAIT. These controls are funny." Since I was used to Resistance 2 controls.

Switched to alternative 2.

Then I began playing. Ran out, gunned some people down, they took more than two bullets, and I began to get near death.

I run for cover, I find one way over somewhere.
I hold that L2 button, latch to that wall.

I look over, see a grenade tossed my way. But I haven't finished healing! Must continue sucking thumb!

I don't see where the grenade lands. The game doesn't tell me where it is.
I begin running away. Grenade goes, " dinkdinkdinkdnidnkidndidni BOOM".
I die.

I HEAD BACK AND I BUST SOME HEADS.

AND THEN GO INTO THE NEXT SECTION, ADRENALINE GOING.
I BUST MMMOOOORREE HEADS.

GARZA FINISHES HACKING THE CONSOLE AFTER I USE THE AGE-OLD "BLOW UP THE BARREL" THING.

I walk through the door.

And it's over.

Lasted just under 10 minutes.

THEN I PLAYED IT AGAIN, PRIMARILY USING THE KNIFE.
Bum-rushed fools hiding behind cover.
SLIT.

Few minutes later, it's over again.

I START IT UP AGAIN. I try to use grenades most of the time.
AND IT'S OVER IN LESS THAN 10 minutes.

It was like having a great time talking to your friends, walking out just have a grand time.

Then you run straight into a wall. And the walk ends ]:

Want Mooooaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh, and I read stuff about the controls and the spinning.
I'm just peachy with it.
Nice little bit of motion blur, kinda like in real life.

Some may say turning is clunky, but it feels good to me.

SO MAYBE I'LL KICK ALL YOUR HINEYS IN MULTIPLAYER :]
JUST TOO SHORT.

if you look hard enough, you find the crate of coconut bras.
then nothing can stop you.

Only downside is the aiming which is clunky to me. Then again I turned up sensitivity real high. The default felt better but I can see myself getting killed by some guy online because he's learn to use higher sensitivity.

Thoroughly enjoyed what it did have to offer, even if it was very short. I don't think many people needed a demo for this, so they just threw out a little sample to make people a little bit happy. And to get pre-orders, of course.

I know what you mean about the aiming, T3k, but I've turned the sensitivity up to make it feel better. The default was too slow for me.

Errrm not much else to say really. I like the way the menu goes sick all the time, makes it feel...something. Just going to have another few plays, because, well, I can.

yeah my first (and so far only) run through lasted me 10m 40s. this made me angry. but im going to play a few more times tonight and get it down hopefully a minute or 2.. just have some fun with the timer i guess. i turned my sensativity down, i thought the aiming was a little akward at default. ill have to learn to live with it though if i want to be good online. low sensativity is a definate setback in multiplayer, learned that in COD4.

It was short, but well constructed, even for a demo.

The controls were awkward at first, until I stumbled upon the "Alternate 2" option, which was exactly like COD4, except slightly slower.

Overall, roll on February 27th.

I played it the other day after my brother had a go.
He died 6 times..and I died 0 times
ROFL
Was really good. I payed attention to detail while doing so too. I find the aiming gets some time to get used to but I love how smart the AI are,like blind firing too. Was vastly improved from the preview code.

I played it on the first setting. The only thing I found hard to get a hang of was the crouch,&lean out.
I think it has a much more meaningful thought process when it comes to controls.
i.e. L2 to crouch,if you were actually crouching you would get tired from kneeling, or in finger terms: at some point your finger will get tired,thus stand up.
Its applying real life basics to the controls-as odd as it may seem. The controls seem to follow a slow but steady pace which again compensates on the meaning/point of the game: Killzone!

I read on the game trailer forums nearly everyone agreed that after playing killzone they had a go at COD,and they said in cod the controls were "slippery."
Clearly showing that killzone has a better grip of things. And its just common sence that it'll take a while to get used to it,depending on what you game like and such.
Like even the gametrailer review said its like your playing twister with your hands at first but then its okay.
[I don't agree with them saying its like twister though,its not that complicated :/ ]

Yea, planning to get the game. saw the trailer, looked pretty cool 8). Haven't played the demo though. For some reason I didn't find it, unless it came out today (demo) or I didn't look hard enough. I'm usually good at shooters and can adjust pretty well to them, just experiement with the controls first. At times I may confuse controls which sometimes cost a life :p but I usually end up abandoning that other game and play that, like I will do with killzone XD. I guess check the reviews and get a real grasp of it when it comes out.

i thought the demo was pretty decent, i felt similar to gears of war (what little i have bothered playing) but it seemed like a better version of gears of war...

hard to explain what i mean by that, but yeah..

anyway, decent demo, its a game that i will consider, will wait and check out gameplay vids etc

Back