Your Top 5 Improvements you want to see on WiiChat for 2008

swordkirby said:
1. Mods on and actively watching us
2. RANKS!!!!!
3. More game sub-forums
4. n/a
5. n/a

Anyone sensing a dupe? XD

You've been here 2 days at the most...how can you have an opinion?

6. Fixing the problem with pictures in Nintendo Wii Chat. Just something small, that would be nice to have back.

Sorry, but that option probably wont be re-added. The reason it was removed in the first place to prevent others from posting inappropriate images and having them show up on the first page. Since the removal of this feature, we have had little to no problems with members posting inappropriate images and or making inappropriate threads.

1) less people trying to sub-mod threads (i.e. telling people where to post and being rude about it)
2) additional view styles to choose
3) a section of sum sort that holds data for users with there friend codes (i.e. animalcrossingcommunity.com has a section that list every user on the site, and allows users to edit a profile of what games they have and there friends codes) this would help elimate "post your code" threads
4) and add a section of release dates and reivews

Last edited:
Syntax said:
Sorry, but that option probably wont be re-added. The reason it was removed in the first place to prevent others from posting inappropriate images and having them show up on the first page. Since the removal of this feature, we have had little to no problems with members posting inappropriate images and or making inappropriate threads.

Yeah, that's definitely a great idea.. I didn't even want to go on the site in fear that someone would come up behind me and think I was looking at that kind of stuff..

But, if we can get a news team together, we could replace that top part with news and could re-add pictures. (Or whatever the change was)

1. To have an active admin.

All because he may not post doesn't mean that he isn't active.. After all, this site is still running.

Another thing.
TLC once told me that the red mushroom stands for VIP member and Darkprinny earned it by being an avid greeter.
I think other members deserve this mush as well by now.

I think I'll go with I'd like to be able to have a larger signature, not excessively large, but a bit bigger.

Also possibly moving the "Introduce Yourself" section further up on the board so new members can find it easier. (I had been a member for about 3 or 4 months before I actually found it.)

A lot of people make a big deal about the moderation, but I see it fit, possibly one more mod, but things are being ran much more smoothly now.

Oh yea, and possibly a Sports sub-forum in the Lounge, so as to keep the threads all together. :D

Last edited:
A sports sub section would possibly be nice. Viva la hockey thread :) As for signatures, I wouldn't mind seeing the image sized raised a bit.

Another idea I had in mind a while back was to give moderators/staff members coloured user names and have the mushroom removed. Thus, making it easier for newer members to point out the current moderating team while browsing the "current active users list" without having to click on the "View Active Forum Leaders" and having to scroll down between Moderators/Super Moderators. I've seen this used quite a bit on various other forums I frequent and thought that this addition would be useful here..

Last edited:
Dont remove the mushroom. It's a WiiChat original.

1. More moderation and in different time zones. It's frustrating not being able to contact a moderator on an Australian time zone when someone begins to cause trouble in the forums.

2. Getting the user review section up and running. I know you've been working on it i0n, it would be nice to see that fully functional soon.

3. A debate section would be a welcome edition to the site, though strict moderation and rules would have to be set up.

4. Allow the Super Moderators to IP ban (If this is possible).

5. Will have to ponder what to put here.

I only seem to have three main ideas, so here they are:

- The removal of Post Count increase from the Introduction threads.
- Slightly larger Signature sizes.
- Maybe an alert of some kind to let you know that someone has invited you into their Network (right now, there are no such alerts).

That is all. We look forward to a wonderful 2008. :)

How about a banner or something that says IM A MOD FEAR ME below some bodys name

Back