Z Camera good or bad for Wii?

RjPunk47

WiiChat Member
Oct 9, 2007
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_V2AFaerKo[/MEDIA]

It could be good if only Nintendo uses it and bad if Playstation or Microsoft uses it.

Wow nice... But why bad for PS3 and MS? Because you are a Wii fanboy? or is there some kind of real reason?

Btw, not meaning that as an insult, im just asking.

ive seens this before. but if someone walks infront of you it kinda goes wak. its a good device though. I think that we will see something similar to this as nintendo's next console.

EDIT: also to add on this nice piece of technology makes you stand up all the time. it needs to see your whole body or most of your body depending on the game you are playing.

@T3kNi9e
this would be bad for every system in this generation because it will be really expensive. it has minor flaw and i believe it is too early to bring this in seeing how there are people who refuse to adapt to wii motion controls.

Last edited:
It'll make me ditch the Wii because if it comes out for 360 or Ps3 then it'll be like the Wii with good graphics.

and boxing for Wii sports is fun and he said it's 20x better then Wii boxing

That is really cool, and i agreed its better than the wii boxing but just like thas said it will be really expensive.

thas said:
ive seens this before. but if someone walks infront of you it kinda goes wak. its a good device though. I think that we will see something similar to this as nintendo's next console.

EDIT: also to add on this nice piece of technology makes you stand up all the time. it needs to see your whole body or most of your body depending on the game you are playing.

@T3kNi9e
this would be bad for every system in this generation because it will be really expensive. it has minor flaw and i believe it is too early to bring this in seeing how there are people who refuse to adapt to wii motion controls.
They said in the video that you can adjust the settings to a certain distance so that if someone is in back of you, it doesn't screw with the game.
O ya, you did say infront of you, but if they do go in front of you, just punch them in the face. LOL.

amin204 said:
They said in the video that you can adjust the settings to a certain distance so that if someone is in back of you, it doesn't screw with the game.
O ya, you did say infront of you, but if they do go in front of you, just punch them in the face. LOL.

umm ... that may work with a wiimote but i ought that it would work with your fists.:lol:

Really cool technology. Camera identification technology has gone so far nowadays. But the problem is that the camera can only detect one guy at a time because it can't tell the difference between two people, or at least not yet :D

Well I don't see it coming out this generation. But next generation for sure, with maybe Wii 2 or whatever the console may be.

Yea Nintendo wont get this for current gen.

But the standing up all the time is something that botheres me.

It's almost identical to the new Eye toy Sony has in the works for the PS3..

I wouldn't be suprised if Sony trys to sue them for the technology if they havent been working on it longer.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwwbkzEACws&feature=related[/media]

This really is the only thing im looking forward to in the PS3 hopefully they do a good job of it.

I dont think the Wii needs it, its part of the future of gaming controll aswell Sony should dabble with it first they need the boost in sales... But in the future it would be nice to get a combo of all of this new game play...

Camera head tracking to go along with our "personal" camera angles in games, Interactive enviroments with the same camera.
Then add that to your acctual motion control and point click style controller for you more advanced actions "not just punching" but when you need more than 2 hands to play the game like shooting, driving,some sports, ect... then you have the closest thing to reality they have ever made for gaming...

Maybe this will be what we see next Gen!

Last edited:
No current gen here. Tracking hardware and software is really getting crazy though. I would love to buy one of those to just use the depth map!

I can see it being a problem if some one did jump in front like say even a cat. Cool stuff though. A problem for nintendo... nope not at all. Expensive and it doesn't come with every console besides the hardcore or real hardcore have a PC or HD system by now.

People still fail to see why Wii sports is so good. LOL polished abstraction....

that looks pretty sick, and if matt from ign says its good, Its good, it definetly seems like something ie be into

nintendo, plagirize this and your golden

Back