Zelda 2

cimbom

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2007
San Francisco
Wii Online Code
0299-0458-3575-5055
Is it just me or this is game extremely hard? I have only beat the first palace and now making my way through Death Mountain and I can't finish it. You don't get enough lives to begin with then if you die you have to start all the way at the beginning! Im frustrated and thinking about calling this one quits. Anyone else have the same problem?

I thought the game was pretty easy throughout. Personal opinion I guess. Have you played a Zelda game before Twilight Princess?

i had trouble with a different zelda game the answer was in a complete different area for me, i just look for life pieces that i can get then continue the story

yer i have dat prob, i cant beat the death mountain level and I always die...there are some good cheats available at supercheats.com and wiicheats.com is very helpful. If you cant beat it still u must be pretty low or ur drunk. You could try plaing Zelda Wind waker for gamecube but you'l need a gamecube controller and memorycard.

I don't have that problem at all until the 6th level and beyond, anything on first area of land is pretty easy. Once you get over to the other piece of land with levels 4 5 and 6 it becomes much more challenging. Thank god its set up that IF (big if here) the player can get to ganon's level on just 3 lives they can re-start after dying right at ganon's level.

Zelda 2 would probabbly be the most challenging game however the only major difficulty I have whenever I play this is with the bosses, mainly the bosses of the 2nd, 5th and 6th Palace they're just frustrating.

I hate the glowing balls that bounce around the palaces that you can only defeat if your up at level 6 or 7 and it still takes at least 10 shoots. They remove life and magic when they hit you as well.

I beated the first dungeon and it took me forever to get the hammer in death mountain but i finally got it like after like 6 - 7 times when dying in there, its really hard too... right now going to 2nd palace of the swamps.

That's how it was for me the first time I played it. Learn how to take out the soldiers quickly and effectively and you will do much better.

I suggest if you havent played the game before, to not get the candle in the first palace and go through it about 10 times so you can level up your stats. This always helped me out. If you don't get the item from the palace or if you don't place the stone, (it's easier to just not get the candle) the palace remains. It's a great place for points for the earlier levels.

Byuakuya said:
I thought the game was pretty easy throughout. Personal opinion I guess. Have you played a Zelda game before Twilight Princess?

I've been playing Zelda since the NES, but I didn't own Zelda 2 and its taking me a while to get used to the side scrolling.

i am ERROR

LINK2-ERROR.gif

Zelda 2 is a bit tough in spots. It's a game that you really have to slow down at times and just make sure you're taking your time. What I do to make things easier is level up in the first dungeon by killing the floating/glowing skulls. You can just continuously strike them and they will eventually die. When they do, you get 50 points right away. First thing I level up is my attack until I hit about 5. Then I do life and then magic. When you level up that much right away, the game is pretty easy going until you reach about level 4 or 5 at which point you'll want to consider doing another level up session.

cimbom said:
Is it just me or this is game extremely hard? I have only beat the first palace and now making my way through Death Mountain and I can't finish it. You don't get enough lives to begin with then if you die you have to start all the way at the beginning! Im frustrated and thinking about calling this one quits. Anyone else have the same problem?

Yeah i'm still on Death Mountain. I had to find all the heart pieces in Hyurle Field, Lon Lon Ranch ect.

I loved this game when I was younger and played it through about 3 times, but I dont know if its worth me going through again.

You guys can look up how to solve the puzzles and get past different areas, but you want a very good piece of advice? Learn how to jump at an enemy and slash on your way down, landing in the crouched position......when you learn how to do that, the knight dudes shields are worhtless, (what were those guys called?). You jump at them and slash down, (and im not talking about the down thrust you eventually get), hitting them almost every time. They give you the best XP anyways........

Hmmmm, you bastards may have just talked me into downloading it........slowly remembering everything about it. People are quick to say it is so difficult, but I think there is no way you can say that. So many (allbeit shitty) games out there that were impossible compared to this.

I broke down and bought it via VC day before yesterday. My Gamecube Collector's disc doesn't load the graphics up very well for the first two zeldas on my new lcd hd tv, but the vc's work great! Plus I hated the controls on a gamecube control vs the wiimote. I should show you guys a screenshot of how bad Zelda 2 looks on my tv with the collector's disc on. The floors inside of rooms in the towns glow silver and wiggle.

Back