Zelda collector's edition vs. Master Quest

proadam

Zelda & Metroid Fan
Jul 28, 2006
Hey I'm just planning to replace my lost n65 ocarina of time and at the local used video game store they have the collector's edition for gamecube with all those classic zelda games on it and they also have the ocarina of time and master quest package. I was just wondering if there is anything special about Master Quest other then the regular OoT. Can someone please list the differences between OoT and Master Quest?

MQ is said to have more difficult dungeons, but the story is the same.

I have them both. :D
I played MQ for 15 minutes, and then threw it out, it was exactly the same as Oot. (except for the dungeon part, which i never came around to)

For me it has more charm to play one of the best games ever made on its original system. :p

Even though you play the collectors edition with a GCN controller, it plays very well. The MQ is somewhat harder, but if your a seasoned vet with Zelda games its not too bad.

proadam said:
Hey I'm just planning to replace my lost n65 ocarina of time and at the local used video game store they have the collector's edition for gamecube with all those classic zelda games on it and they also have the ocarina of time and master quest package. I was just wondering if there is anything special about Master Quest other then the regular OoT. Can someone please list the differences between OoT and Master Quest?

Definetly Collector's Edition. Who cares if it has no MQ? It still has OoT, MM, LoZ, AoL, Zelda History, WW video, and WW demo.

I have both, and happen to prefer the Collector's Edition over Master Quest. I beat MQ easily enough - the only thing that sets it apart from the original Ocarina of Time is that its dungeon contents have been changed, in order to pose a new and greater challenge to the player. That's it. Fun for a play through or two perhaps, but in the long-run, you'll probably want Collector's Edition.

Master quest is just oot only a lot harder. (good if you found oot to easy)
Collecters just has Zelda, Zelda 2, ott and magorers (?) mask

I'd go with the Collector's Edition. It's worth it for Majora's Mask alone, but with the added bonus of Ocarina and the original two games it's a must have.

Majora's mask on the collector's edition?
my disc contains zelda 1, 2, Oot and MQ (+history and a few vidz)
That's the european version, probably different from the us release.

i have ha d both i first had oot master west beat and then i sold it 2 somelse and made a small profit and then bough collecters addition if you want a challenge getting master quest a really big

plus the OOT masterquests dungeons are completely diffrent and way harder it took me a long time to really get over the entire game like getting every golden skulltuta

and if you want majoras mask an d the classic get the collecters edition

i say its a 50:50 deal

if you really want the best i say...

get both

I have the freebie disc with OOT/master quest and the one with Majoras Mask.

Maybe it's just a bad copy but my Majoras Mask keeps freezing around the second or third time we go back to day one.....really bloody annoying.

However I have not yet tried it on my Wii maybe it will be ok on that.

Darkprinny said:
Master quest is just oot only a lot harder. (good if you found oot to easy)
Collecters just has Zelda, Zelda 2, ott and magorers (?) mask

Magorers mask? :p

Majora's Mask i believe :aureola:

By the way I own both too but I'll stick with originals

Back