Zelda..Link???

mk_south_london

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom*
Jan 3, 2007
uk
Wii Online Code
7195-7874-4951-1917
Hes never spoken in words before?
Do you think its better having him silent?

What about the other characters...should they speak?

It does take way from the cinematics in the game, many Game Reviewers have said that they also did not like Link not talking. If they find a Good voice actor then yes have them all talk it will make the next game feel Brand new becuase everyone would be talking.

JerrodDRagon said:
It does take way from the cinematics in the game, many Game Reviewers have said that they also did not like Link not talking. If they find a Good voice actor then yes have them all talk it will make the next game feel Brand new becuase everyone would be talking.
I agree. Perhaps that's one of the new features that's coming on the next Zelda game.Just as long as they don't do a Tidus, and make him kinda whinny.

Perhaps going the way of the original Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast - Japanese dialogue with English Subtitles. I think that could work. I'm not sure if Zelda would really work with American accents. Could be wrong though...

...Gorons with New York accents...
Zoras with Canadian Accents...

Last edited:
There are two sides to see it:
NO, they should never say a single understandable word, because they never did and it is a unchangable part of every Zeldagame. Link never say's a word and that should never change

or, which is more plausible

Yes, give it voiceacting, because the only reason for some magazines not to give 10/10 or 5/5 or what ever is the lack of voiceacting, which is a standart for this generation of games. Plus, who sais that Link has to talk? He can be as quiet as now, this works well for Half-Life², too.

Since its an epic-fantasy story, the new Link(of that time) could have a birth-problem of some sort and not be able to speak(im sry I dont know the exact word for it). Then all other players could get voiceacting...

In case they make the cinematics with CGI, other than the in-game graphics, the game would me more epic than the Final Fantasy games, but Im not sure how that would affect the Zelda series

NecroDemonNZXT said:
Since its an epic-fantasy story, the new Link(of that time) could have a birth-problem of some sort and not be able to speak(im sry I dont know the exact word for it). Then all other players could get voiceacting...
I think the word you're looking for is mute. Even now, you don't actually hear or read Link speaking.

In case they make the cinematics with CGI, other than the in-game graphics, the game would me more epic than the Final Fantasy games, but Im not sure how that would affect the Zelda series
I agree. Though I think the focus on the action would be a good thing. Nothing worse than having action played out, and having to read subtitles at the same time.

nah. no voice. it would just ruin it. i also rather be able to read at my own speed (which is faster than the subtitles scroll) than have to wait and sit till they all finish talking.

Back