Zelda thought...

Jan 5, 2007
This isn't directly Gaming, Retro, or Virtual Console, but I had a funny and sort of cool thought. What if the original "The Legend of Zelda", "The Legend of Zelda II", and "A Link To The Past" were re-made in 3D for Wii? I think it'd be kick-ass, personally. Just think about it. :D. And as I said, just a cool thought.

I agree with zach, it's always nice to have the classic feeling. Although it is always cool to see classic games get an upgrade. Not a bad idea. :thumbsup:

I think it would be even more cool if OoT, Mm, or TP were remade in 2D.

The effort it would take to do that would be better spent on a new zelda game. It would be like creating a whole new game, except the storyline is already written.

FoxRox said:
The effort it would take to do that would be better spent on a new zelda game. It would be like creating a whole new game, except the storyline is already written.

Mmkay, let me get something straight.
I'm not telling Nintendo to do anything.
I'm just saying, that if you can, behind all that pretentious bull-anus "I know what I'm talking about" crap, to simply imagine the idea. Just try it.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Mmkay, let me get something straight.
I'm not telling Nintendo to do anything.
I'm just saying, that if you can, behind all that pretentious bull-anus "I know what I'm talking about" crap, to simply imagine the idea. Just try it.

Hey buddy, chill. I didn't say I didn't like the idea. All I said was that it would take lots of work. My imagination is at full throttle right now, and yes, it would be cool if they did it, but, it is not realistic to think that it could ever happen. Also, that the time it would take to tackle this project would be much better spent on new games designed for the Wii (which there happens to be a lack of right now).

I also know that you were not implying that it would be realistic (FYI)

Mmkay?

i think that although it would be a good idea there is a big potential for failure, i mean look at what happened with sonic and the secret rings! disgusting

I think possibility of happening is rather slim. Allthough it might be fun to see original in new shape I think it would be better to use those resources to new projects.

Not trying to be jerk or anything but I think Zelda II is just Zelda II only nintendo made Zelda game without "The Legend of" part. =)

Edit: On second thought I simply love A Link to the Past so much and have played it trough many times over from many years back so somewhere in depths of my strange and twisted mind I would never want to see remake of it. Bit like I would not like to see someone remodel my own face with heavy blunt object.

Last edited:
Almo said:
i think that although it would be a good idea there is a big potential for failure, i mean look at what happened with sonic and the secret rings! disgusting

Sonic was over after sonic heroes. that game failed.

Back