Zelda TP; nothing special

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Heyy, probably going to get flamed for this, I would have started it earlier but I felt people would still be having to much fun playing the game and not think about it. When I played TP, it felt like nothing new. Sure the controls, but that is just an extra, not even intended for the game since they were just added on for the Wii version. Zelda Twilight Princess felt like it was nothing new, like it did nothing to the series, and was basically a clone of OoT, or of MM or WW which were clones off of OoT. This is why I felt nothing when selling my Wii without finishing it, because I felt like I wasn't missing out on anything. Sure its fun, all the temples and what not are new, but besides that wolf thing (which wouldn't fit in all Zelda's so it is not adding, + I just thought it was annoying being the wolf) it seemed like just another Zelda. Anyone think this as well?

Wow, i cant believe what your saying, it changes every time, you dont even start out as the original Link so theres enough there to say its different, yes, it did have an oot feel to it, but so what, thats not a bad thing. At first i didnt get the wolf thing either, but I understood after a while that it was taking a different track with the Zelda series by doing that, theres proof enough.

i understand what your saying. it is nothing new. but i still enjoyed alot and i liked being the wolf. it was nothing new but alot diff from Oot

of course it was...different, but basically it was the same concept and doing the same things but coated with different stuff. (IMO)
wolf wont fit into every zelda, im pretty sure, since they are all different links so it did no nothing for the series as a whole but for that game sure

When you buy a Resident Evil game, you know what to expect. When you buy Call of Duty 3, you expect it to be like Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2.

So, when I bought Twilight Princess, I expected a game similar to other Zelda games. I'd have been a bit disappointed if it had been a simple shoot-em-up or sport simulation.

Sovieto said:
of course it was...different, but basically it was the same concept and doing the same things but coated with different stuff. (IMO)
Er, to be fair, the same could be said about soo many racing games or fps. Fact of the matter is that Zelda sells. It's a classic. Change too much (as seen with Wind Waker), and you risk upsetting the fan base.

I found Twilight Princess really quite different in many aspects, indeed, improved on many aspects that were in OoT. For example, Horse riding with the bow and arrow, the fishing, even the characters themselves seemed more evolved.

It may not be 'new' to many people. but then they're creating a new Zelda game, not an entirely new franchise.

*Also, I'd like to point out that this is a community, and communities are are places whereby people have a common connection. If you're not feeling the Wii love, then perhaps there's something wrong there...

OK heres something interesting, if your saying you didnt like TP cuz it wasnt different, did that make it bad? If you look at the StarFox series, the critics and the fans didnt like the dramatic change in the game, ie the Gamecube games, but there was still a HUGE fan base, point is if there was such a dramatic change, as in StarFox, would you have liked it better? Just sayin...:drool:

It's refreshing to see someone with a different approach on Zelda, as to be honest I've not come across anyone who hasn't enjoyed Zelda as much as the last few releases! However, I'm afraid you will be on your own in this opinion! My love for Wii and Zelda is untouchable, I've loved Zelda since I put it in my Wii and I'm not gonna stop until the next Zelda release (On the Wii that is - Phantom Hour Glass is out soon WOOHOO!!)

Sad you didn't like Zelda, but it's not for everyone - I do hope you find something that tantalises your gaming hands, I do hate to see unhappy gamers!

I agree with Squall7 - If you aren't feeling the Wii love, think it's time to try something new! Good luck sir :)

On another note - FF7 & 8 - Top games (teehee - I do love throwing something else into the mix)

The only other Zelda game I ever played was WW and TP surpasses everything I thought I new about Zelda games. You can't say something is the same if it is different. You can't say that this Zelda (TP) is exactly the same as another Zelda game by minusing the horse riding, the wii controller, the wolf transformation.... ect. If you minus out all the things that make this game different than the others, then of course it's going to be the same game.

Last edited:
i concure, i believe thats the way i was trying to explain it myself, lol.

i guess i can settle for the fact of not wanting to upset the fanbase, thats all, i get it..

i mean cmon people pulled out their hair when they made link right handed, so i get it

but @ kitkat those are all things yah, but when you look at GC version it dosent have wii controls so its still an extra, and since wolf will only be in that game, sure shooting while on horse is new, theres something new to the series, thats what i mean, something that can be used in every zelda here on out

Back