[zune]

Wetty McPants

Prince of Moisture
May 29, 2007
Cincinnati
Hey everyone,
I'm an old IPOD fan who recently (Very very recently, today infact--) converted to ZUNE.

So far so good!

I love the radio, the big screen, much more simplistic interface and a much more durable looking scratch resistant surface.

Anything I should know?
State your opinions of Zune vs IPOD.
I'd love to hear them!

Loads of people say 'don't buy a zune' I've always wondered why, they never give a reason :/

^^ yep always wondered that to

I have always had an ipod though
Beacuse they have ben good for me
dont know why though :)

So far I like it a lot.
No stupid touchpad (Mine started messing up on my IPOD)
Screen is amazingly bigger, very very crisp color, and I again I must bring up scratch resistant surface.

Even if you do scratch it, it isn't a smooth enough surface that you can tell.
(So your mp3 player doesn't look like your kitty played soccer with it.)

As I said, it's interface is very very simplistic, which I find kind of refreshing.
Basic up-down, left-right d-pad style.

No stupid swirling of the thumb.

It also categorizes very effectively.

---

Yeah, I used to be a huge fan of IPODs until mine spontaneously pooped out.
Battery wouldn't charge.
Kept freezing/self rebooting
Basically just fried =/

I think people just give biased views on stuff. Such as, iPod's more popular so that must mean that 'Zune sucks' or what have you..
Also Wii Cammy, in your sig, is that a quote from Joe Pasquale by any chance?

woh you got a zune? nice. i have never seen you even use your iPod. i thought you had lost it in that room of yours lol

I like zune i will buy one when they come to CANADA and when i have my own PC(our family like MACS) soo yeah.
My friend got a zune off ebay and i think it pwns the ipod but i also waiting for the 2nd version of zune(flash too) to come out this christmas!

Mitch2025 said:
woh you got a zune? nice. i have never seen you even use your iPod. i thought you had lost it in that room of yours lol

Yeah man, I love it.

My IPOD just completely exploded a long time ago so I didn't try to use it.

ok, um stop talking about scratches and stuff. It doesn't matter what brand of MP3 player you have, if you take care of it, like you should, it will look good after years of use. There are also these skins you can buy for any brand of MP3 player. It's a polymer sheet coating made by 3M. Totally clear, very thin, but you could seriously stab it with a knife over and over and the scratch on the skin will brush right off, and it will still look just like new.

As far as the interface goes. How much more straight forward can you get than the iPods interface. I mean......I've never seen anyone stare at an iPod and say "I can't figure out how to work this thing."

If I were to get an mp3 player...I'm leaning towards the zune. Not that I don't think Ipod isn't great. The Zune fits my personality better, more modern in my opinion, and the design is flawless. I like how Ipod has much more products and accessories though. When you buy music points from Microsoft, they eat up every extra penny you dont spend.

Loads of new gadgets are coming out to do with music, IPod, MP3 Player, MP4Player, Applie there is loads

Wiired said:
I think people just give biased views on stuff. Such as, iPod's more popular so that must mean that 'Zune sucks' or what have you..
Actually, I say "ZUne sucks" because it's main function, the whole "share music with your friends" thing, is entire worthless and a load of crap. That and the drivers for it's software are complete garbage.

Back