20 years of hating that plumber

dharma3

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2011
Mobile, AL
I remember sitting on the couch, 20 something years ago, watching my husband play Mario. I only watched, I would never play. I hated that little plumber, and all video games really, because I was a horrible player. I remember thinking I might like them more if I could just "help" him play, you know like "gather coins while he kills goombas" or "hold off one enemy while he defeats another".

Years later when we got the 64 and I tried to race that stupid little kart around the track with my thumb and all I accomplished was running off the road, I remember thinking "wouldn't it be cool if you could turn the controller like a steering wheel?"

I could never have imagined that Nintendo would hear my wishes and not only grant them, but make them better. I now sit on the couch with my husband and two children and we all play together. Sometimes we help each other, sometimes we throw each other off a cliff. I have steering wheels, baseball bats, golf clubs, and a crossbow :yesnod:

I'm still not a great player, but I no longer hate that little plumber :wink:

yeh i remember when i played SMB 1, 2 and 3, i swore at that little plumper a lot, well not swearing but got so frustrated at him. Welcome aboard me matte

I first lay eyes on "Jumpman", on Intellavision in Donkey Kong then a few years later he became the "little plumber a.k.a Mario"

Donkey Kong sure tweaked me off at the start of my gaming in 1983 or 1984.

then later the N.E.S came along and lifted me with the game "the legend of Zelda" by Nintendo and then "Konami's Castlevania"

Back on the 80's or in '91, 92 we would have "gameboy: video games on the go" then the failed "gamegear by SEGA and the Nomad *which i never played but it look that it would fail and probably did. Then the Dreamcast, N64, ps1, ps2, gamecube, ps3, Wii., x-box, 360.

during the N.E.S, S.N.E.S days I never thought video games would evolve this much.

Back