2nd Tournament Slalom On SSX Blur

ILoveWii

Proud Owner Of A Wii
Feb 13, 2007
Well I have qualified for the slalom race on the 2nd tournament for SSX Blur, and while I'm doing it the first part is easy, but when you go off the little hill/jump after the blue flag I go to fast and miss like 4 flags even when I pull back on the Joystick, anyone have any tips on that slalom race. The best on that slalom I can get is fourth when I need to get atleast 3rd.

You've got to pretty much put your body into the turn too..eheh. I was stuck on this exact slalom race last night and finally beat it in first. Before you even hit the snow after that drop you've got to be pulling back and trying to stop. It's pretty difficult until you get it, then you've got the hang of it for good. Good luck dude.

Alright I'll try it a few more times, thanks for the advice :)

I too was stuck there a few days ago and you know what I finally figured out the trick. First off you pick a board that gives you carving +1 and speed -1. Then when you get to the slalom part and your turning for that first blue flag you twist your wrist to the left and instead of pulling back to stop you also press left with the control stick it puts you almost laying on the ground. You can keep a high rate of speed and remember to start turning in advance and youll beat it no prob. My best time on it was 1:08 with no flags missed. :)

Man I can't get it, when I try to do a sharp turn it doesn't turn sharp enough!!!

What I try to do is turn the board so you land horizontally. That takes away alot of your momentum...

if you're still having trouble try using your right hand to hold the nunchuck because you dont really need teh wiimote for this part.

Ok, I'll use my right hand, and Think I only have one board so I can't get a board that has -1 speed +1 carving.

The easiest way to do this, which really actually helped me a lot was to go into the options menu and into "controls". There, you tune your nunchuk. The default setting is closer to the turning of the nunchuk side than to the control stick (joystick) side. To fix your carving, you just make the little bar go towards the control stick side and when you use the control stick, it makes you turn MUCH sharper and this really helps.

EK987 said:
The easiest way to do this, which really actually helped me a lot was to go into the options menu and into "controls". There, you tune your nunchuk. The default setting is closer to the turning of the nunchuk side than to the control stick (joystick) side. To fix your carving, you just make the little bar go towards the control stick side and when you use the control stick, it makes you turn MUCH sharper and this really helps.
Right on dude, thanks for the new solution..I'm going to give this a shot in the tournaments and on peak 3.

I ran perfect on this slalom too. I don't know the time though. Slalom really isn't that hard.

Back