A cheap alternative to a 360 wireless adapter

ics

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
Not sure if this is old news or not but anyways..

I wanted the wireless adapter so I can have the 360 in the bacement but didn't want to fork out $130 for the wireless adapter.

I bought another wireless router for the 360 and configured it for bridge mode. Now the router is basically a wireless hub that talks to my other wireless router and the 360 just connects to it via its ethernet cable connection. The router only cost me $30.

Hope this helps someone.

I just got an multi socket to split the landline. Then used an extension cord. Uber-fast and only 10 quid

SamuS said:
I just got an multi socket to split the landline. Then used an extension cord. Uber-fast and only 10 quid

Sorry but I don't understand how that makes your 360 wireless.

Awesome! I was wondering if this would work because I wanted to try it but wasn't sure.

I should spread this news to everyone.

ics, it's a wireless router....you know what that is right? so he just plugs the 360 lan cable in to the wireless router and it communicates to the main modem/router that has internet.

SaviourDCX said:
Awesome! I was wondering if this would work because I wanted to try it but wasn't sure.

I should spread this news to everyone.

ics, it's a wireless router....you know what that is right? so he just plugs the 360 lan cable in to the wireless router and it communicates to the main modem/router that has internet.

Yeah,but how does that make it wireless.The whole point to wireless is to NOT need to plug the BOX into anything.

nick582003 said:
Yeah,but how does that make it wireless.The whole point to wireless is to NOT need to plug the BOX into anything.

It doesn't make it wireless. What I was pointing out is that wireless is unnecessary.

I think the cheapest, easiest, and almost completely wireless option si to just buy one of the original xbox adapters they normally go for about $30 USD and are ffortless to setup. This is what my brother-in-law and I did and we both use fairly cheap netgear router's with no drop in performance.

Well I think it's a great way, I mean look at it this way, you could your PS3, 360, Wii, Xbox 1, GameCube and Dreamcast all in to that Wireless router and save heaps of money buying wireless adapters. Assuming that your consoles don't have wireless already built in or are looking for a much stronger signal.

It's like a wireless hub bridge!

I think the price tag for the Xbox 360 adapter is a joke, I really need a alternative to it, I've been looking for the old xbox wireless unit can't find it though have to look around on ebay.

Back