A Couple of Questions about Wii Games & Labels

TexasDudeUSA

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
I have a couple of questions for Wii Games & their labels. I have been backing up wii games and doing a few tests.

1. I have successfully backed up my original wii games on to DVD-R's without any labeling on them. But, when I added a Matte label that covered the whole DVD except the actual whole in the middle, the DVD would not read. Then when I ripped off the center part just having an outer label and room around the whole, the DVD worked. What's the deal? I thought DVDs were not read in the clear part nor near the hole?

2. I used a glossy label and the Wii had problems reading it. I also had to force it in the Wii (Gently) because the Wii couldn't grab a hold of the glossy label. I switched to matte and it still gets stuck but not as bad and it works. Does anyone else use glossy labels for their Wii and it works fine? If so, I'll switch back.

3. Also, is it bad that I have to push the DVD game in every time? I'm pushing it in GENTLY but the Wii just can't grab a hold of Matte or Glossy labels very well (especially glossy, the DVD just sits in the middle of the outside and the motor just goes "rrreehhhh" until I push it in. Sometimes the matte will do that to but sometimes it will slide right in.)

4. I use Tayo-Uden (Or however you speel that name) and they are ORIGINAL. Is that ok to use them as backups for DVD's and Video Games or is there an even better DVD? I use to use memorex and BLUGH it was horrible. You could see where some parts on the dvd read side weren't burnt correctly.

You probably should just leave them unlabelled. You don't want to get the disc stuck now that you have modded your Wii, you can't send it back.

What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this thread.

Back