a few notes about ssbb(A MUST READ)

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
A Few Notes About Smash Bros. Brawl
Some interesting quirks about Smash Bros. Brawl.

1. You can't transfer save files. Game won't let you copy save file data to an SD card. Therefore, if you've got any grand plans of rockin' through the title, amassing all the characters and then hooking your friends up, think again.

2. I'm pretty sure so far that online play is region locked despite Nintendo's original promises. I haven't connected with anybody from Japan and, in fact, have only played against U.S. residents.

3. All of our play tests with the import version of Brawl featured very smooth-running online play against friends between SF and LA. However, Boz and I have been trying online play with the American build and it's been pretty laggy so far. Not sure what that's all about. Hopefully the situation improves by the time the game officially releases.

4. Text communication during online matches with friends doesn't appear to have been censored. I tested this online with the dirtiest, raunchiest words I could think of and was surprised to see that they found Bozon on the other end of the connection, no problem.

5. This game is fun.

source: http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/

That sucks about the online. If the online doesn't work well, the game is pretty much trash.

Doesn't sound like anything bad to me. Region locked is kind of a drag, but oh well. Everything else seems to be in place and online should be quite good and fun.

Atomheart said:
That sucks about the online. If the online doesn't work well, the game is pretty much trash.
That'd be ashame, so you're basically getting this game for online play?
I think they'll fix it up. If not then it just won't be competitive online play. Even if there's no online it's still Smash :x

Douten said:
That'd be ashame, so you're basically getting this game for online play?
I think they'll fix it up. If not then it just won't be competitive online play. Even if there's no online it's still Smash :x
dude 85% of the reason why we r getting brawl is for the online play ._.

The region is only locked because the creators of brawl announced that for some reason, the longer the connected people are from each other, the more laggy it will be. they locked the region so that you can enjoy a totally lagg free game, untill they can fix the problem of course.

online play will be amazing im sure, just give them a little more time to fix the bugs. i would rather sit through a month or so of a locked region then have another release delay

jason416 said:
Hmmm I see. Well don't expect too much from it then or you'll be disappointed :x
To me online is just an extra feature that can lengthen replay value. If there's no online I'll just call friends over and smash with them :yesnod:

I'm sad about the online play but that wasn't the only thing I was excited about for ssbb

jason416 said:

i think your percentage on that is a little too high, i honestly would buy this game if it didnt have online, but i have always been a smash fanboy :p

How could anyone touch online play until have played quite a bit of the single player stuff. I mean that is how you unlock things so you are going to have to do it anyways. I'm not saying im not going to pop it in at midnight march 9th and not play an online game or two, but i think smashing with the buddies around me and smashing through the single player stuff will take up quite a bit of time. Now i will say probably six months to a year down the line i will be smashing alot online and by alot i mean the majority of my play time will be online. But, thats how i always go about online gaming its just there to make the replay value of a game longer.

dang, no saving on an sd card? that sucks. I would have liked that, just to back it up. I don't care if I can't give it to friends, they could make save files signed to a specific wii. If my Wii ever broke and needed to get it fixed, then all the hours and data spent unlocking characters and all the trophies and stickers will be lost :(

hahahahahaha comments are uncensored.

i know that some people are thinking of online as a bonus and maybe if it wasnt there i wouldnt miss it either but that wont excuse it for being crappy. if online does flop for brawl this should be a calling card to any nintendo fans that nintendo has nothing worth charging you for when it comes to future online games.

Back