Actually Owned A TurboGrafX ?

LyricistSoldier

|Losing Faith Nintendo|
Dec 20, 2006
Throwin it up for the big SD.
Just curious since it kinda has to do with the VC..

Who here actually owned a TurboGrafX-16? Er TurboGrafX-CD? or one i've never even seen the TurboExpress, the handheld version. Hmm? Anyone here own one er still own one?

I was pree young when those came out (20 yrs old now)
i remember my dad getting one for christmas n me playing it a lot when i was lil

yes i still own one and the cd and the xpress with the tv tuner.lol..i am only 29........and it was a very nice system..............bonk was cool...so was the bruce lee game........they had lot of good games............

! the bruce lee game was my favorite

u owned the express? it had a tv tuner? i was too little to get into the systems i just had the one but yeah i remember Hours on that bruce lee game

The Bruce Lee game also came out for the Super Nintnedo (unless we're talking about a different Bruce Lee game.). And I don't remember hearing too much about TurboGrafx when I was younger, I'm only 19 and if it serves me right, wasn't this released around the NES as well?

The TurboGrafx-16 debuted in 1989. I was 9yrs old and enjoying The Legend of Zelda while the dumb folks dished out a crazy amount of money for the first true 16bit system. TG-16 was a great machine until the SNES rolled out. But with the same price tag and a better name backing it up it was so long TG-16. I had one for about a month lol. Now the Sega Master System was a sweet machine lol.

I totally rocked out the TG-16, as it quickly dropped to $99 and had some very good games like Bonk's and Pac-Land. I still have mine around here somewhere, but I just don't use it because the entertainment center is already too cluttered.
I later bought the TG-CD, as I found one for like $30 used.
Turbo Duo was a very good system, but it went up against Sega CD and had little support and quickly perished.

I still have Bonk's Adventure, Cadash, and Keith Courage. All good games. If they made Cadash multiplayer online, that would be THE game to get on virtual console, for the TG-16.

man when i was 1 years old, my babysitter, who babysitted me since i was born till i was 12 had a one and i would play Bonk's Adventure and Keith Courage all the time omg i beat bonks like a milion times and everytime was so much fun same with keith courage it was a awsum game!! i hope keith comes on VC!

no it came out with the genesis and everyone thought it was 16 bit like the sega...hince turbo graf 16..lol..but it had to 8 bit processors so it wasnt considered true 16 bit like sega......the turbo graf xpress plus tv tuner when new lil over 600 dollars for them

I'm 19, and i rememebr my father get TG-16 for christmas and the Express as well.

Pac-Land, Bonk, Air Bonk, Tail Spin, and PacLand were sooo good. Keith Courage was also a goodie too.

I can't wait for a lot of these games to coem out on VC.

Talk about an underrated system, jeez..

It was $100-$200. I'm not sure what the accessories were like (Turbo Duo). They did sell stuff like a Turbografx 16 extension that was similar to the Sega 32x. They also made the first high graphic handheld system. Back in the days of Game Gear and Gameboy.

http://www.atari7800.com/turbo/ebay.htm#duo

Last edited:
Back