Advice on Black Ops controller settings and improving my game?

kj4lxw

WiiChat Member
Jul 10, 2011
St. Pete, FL
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Hey, new member and first post.
recently got Black Ops and really enjoying playing it. I'm an older guy (ok real old I guess compared to some here) and this is my first time doing on line gaming.
There was a bit of a learning curve for me getting used to playing. Actually I consider myself as pretty much sucking at the game. Seems the only reason I got to the level I'm at is from just playing a whole heck of alot of games. I always stick it out and play through to the end of each match instead of quitting from frustration as I get whacked alot.
Well I seem to be improving some but kdr is still well below 1.0. Took my buds advice as he's really into BO on Xbox and started play Domination and Demo instead of TDM and it got enjoyable as I wasn't getting killed as much.

Anyways, I started experimenting with controller settings. I seems like making the ADS window smaller seems to help some. I'm wondering if there is a setting to make me scroll side to side a little faster when I'm in ADS? Seems I can't move enough when facing off with an opponent and they always outgun me. And how do some guys seem to just instantly lock onto me and kill me with just a couple of shots when they run around a corner and see me?
I'm playing on the Wii and using remote and nunchuck. I went and bought a Classic Pro but thats just not working out. Using it is like starting all over. Guess I'm just too used to the remote. Actually like the remote to be honest.

Will appreciate any constructive advice and interested in hearing how others have there settings tweaked.

Hey there I'm very experienced with Black Ops. I'm prestige 5 so I think I could shed some light. Which Controller are you using the most?

Hey there I'm very experienced with Black Ops. I'm prestige 5 so I think I could shed some light. Which Controller are you using the most?
As in first post, using remote and nunchuck.

since i come from the xbox and ps3 i'm very well stuck with the analog fever so i use the classic control pro but in the console like the wii i would say the wii mote is alot better because you have a faster reflex than ppl using analog with just a flick of your wrist you can catch anyone while on the classic pro may lower your awareness abit so stick by wii mote and you will get good eventually its all about playtime more play will get you better than playing every once in awhile

I've grown to love the Classic Controller (the normal one, not the one with handles) I have both versions of the pad, but i dont know why but i just feel at ease with a small pad....

Practice definately makes perfect (or close to) also while your playing, its advisable to keep to walls and near by cover, as running in the open lets face it you'd be asking to get killed.....

Having an excellent Inet connection rate (full bars) is also needed, cos even one bar off full means you can be behind the enemy in reaction speeds

Last edited:
Back