Alienware Curve Display

Bliss

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Damn this is just sexy..the new Alienware Curve monitor is just beautiful, it was shown at this years CES, as of right now it is just a prototype but does make its way to stores this year. Take a look

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vq52x6LmUew&feature=bz303[/MEDIA]

Saw the GT official CES coverage of crysis on this monitor, looks sweet yet odd >_<

Wouldn't the screen be really streched?

I want an Alienware Notebook. They're so cool! I think the custom built one I did on their website was above to £10,000...

the screen would not be stretched as long as the game supports its resolution size. you know how on the wii you have 4x3 and 16x9, video cards are able to do many different sizes (beyond what consoles can do).
i wonder how much that would cost..
my LG 19" Flatron Wide has a response time of 5ms, and that should be fast enough..
how fast can you tell a difference? the human eye and the brain can sense so much..

you don't have to turn your head... it's more for peripheral vision. there may be a learning curve... like monkeyball on a Wiimote instead of a controller.

I used to jack my FOV in Quake2 to 120 when I played it, so I'd love something like this. I'm assuming since it's Alienware, it's going to cost a lot though, lol. They're like the monster cable of computer hardware :smilewinkgrin:

yea i cant even imagine how much this thing is gonna cost.
might be one of those products i can only dream of getting :lol:

Budo said:
They're like the monster cable of computer hardware :smilewinkgrin:

not really. they dont make much of their own stuff (i think). they put together fast computers with stuff that's out. they dont manufacture stuff like processors, ram, motherboards and video cards. they mostly make cases and add above average, to very fast hardware.

i'm not trying to bash them. i definatly wouldnt mind having a $5000 computer :D
intel core 2 extreme (or whatever its called, worth $1100 alone)
maxed out ram (4 gigs)
dual PCI-E video cards
10,000 rpm hd
so far i'm like at $2500 min (and i'm just guessing)

heymoe99 said:
not really. they dont make much of their own stuff (i think). they put together fast computers with stuff that's out. they dont manufacture stuff like processors, ram, motherboards and video cards. they mostly make cases and add above average, to very fast hardware.

i'm not trying to bash them. i definatly wouldnt mind having a $5000 computer :D
intel core 2 extreme (or whatever its called, worth $1100 alone)
maxed out ram (4 gigs)
dual PCI-E video cards
10,000 rpm hd
so far i'm like at $2500 min (and i'm just guessing)

u know maxed ram is 8 gigs now right?

no lol. i havent priced one in a while
too bad xp pro doesnt "use" over 3.. anything over 3 it doesnt use for some reason

Wow..... that thing is awesome! .2 mill. thats hella good. looks like an awesome display too. i'd buy it if i had the money, i bet it will be a fortune though.

I saw a picture of this with some racing game being played on it.

I didn't know there was a video of it so thanks for the post =]

Back